Skip to main content
index page

Workmans comp Injury Resulting in bad credit

Submitted by on Fri, 08/26/2005 - 22:13
Credits:
[Donate]

Hello all, and I would like to thank anyone who responds to me ahead of time. Last may (04) i was hurt at work. I Ruptured two discs in my back. The company Insurance company Were unhelpful From the beggining, basicley denying me any benefits. To make a long story short I eventually saw my Date in court 9 months later and won the case, ordering me full benefits and medical payments. The problem is in those 9 months I fell behind badly on most of my bills including my mortgage. I was forced into selling my house, so the mortgage was paid off. Late car payments, A collection for a snowmobile purchase and late medical bills were among the things that hurt my credit badly. Basicley my question is there a way to fix this credit for those 9 months that I was injured and awaiting a court date? I feel that I should not have this blemish on my record because it was not my fualt and there was nothing I could do about it. I dont have any clue of what steps to take if there are any, and would appreciate any help that anyone gives. Thanks a bunch....Randy

Hi Nicodemus
Welcome to the debt consolidation care forums

You have medical bills which are to be paid off and you have also purchased a snowmobile which is also not paid.
As you are fighting a legal battle the cause of getting late is very well understood.You should convey this to the creditors and ask them whether they will accept payments in small installments.

If the creditors do not accept your proposal then you can have the option to contact a debt consolidation company and get yourself registered in the debt consolidation program. Provided the medical bills are unsecured debt.

If the medical bills are unsecured in nature then you can easily consolidate your debt.In a debt consolidation program your debts will be consolidated into one single debt amount and the amount will be reduced to the extent of 40% to 60%.

Your interest charges will be reduced in the single debt amount and your late fees as well as your over limit fees will be eliminated. This will help you to recover from the clutches of debt.

Hope to hear from you soon

Regards
Peter

Submitted by peter on Wed, 08/31/2005 - 00:18

peter

( Posts: 285 | Credits: )

I dont think you understand what I said. The Bills have been paid. Its the negative marks on my credit Report im Concerned about. My question is can my Credit Report be fixed, and can the marks be removed because I was going through a legal battle over a injuury and had no income for 9 months. I do not need debt consolidation. I have no Debt. What I want to do is have the snowmobile collection, late payments, and other marks removed from my record for those 9 months without income due to something I could not control.

Submitted by on Sun, 09/04/2005 - 08:52

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

Hi Nicodemus

Welcome to the forums. You can notify the credit bureaus about your situation with all the proof through certified mail with return receipt requested. If you don't receive any response after two attempts, send the third with a copy to the FTC.

By this time, you should be able to see a change in your credit report. If it is still not done, contact your creditors involved and request them to correct it.

There is a provision of 100 word statement which you can add in your credit file so that the lenders will come to know your side of the story. This statement will be able to clarify all the inaccuracies if the credit bureaus intend to stick by their report.

Regards
Roxette

Submitted by roxette on Mon, 09/05/2005 - 11:56

roxette

( Posts: 4009 | Credits: )

You can contact the three credit bureaus at the following address:

Equifax Credit Reports
By delivery via US Mail only:
Equifax Credit Information Services, Inc.,
PO Box 740241, Atlanta, GA 30374
By Phone: 1 - 800 - 685 - 1111

Experian Credit Reports
By delivery via US Mail only:
National Consumer Assistance Center
PO Box 2002
Allen, TX 75013
By Phone: 1 - 888 397-3742, 1 - 800 - 680 - 7289

TransUnion
P.O. Box 2000
Chester, PA19022
By Phone: 1 - 800 - 888 - 4213

Regards
Roxette

Submitted by roxette on Mon, 09/05/2005 - 17:36

roxette

( Posts: 4009 | Credits: )

Hello Nicodemus:

Roxette is correct with everything she said.

You have specific Items on your report that you would like off. Excluding time or loopholes, if the items are correct then they are there to stay. Please do not waste your time purchasing kits that improve credit within 72 hours or anything similar.

The short version to your problem is having the 3 bureaus listed above verify all the negative information ??? entry by entry. You do this with letters. The general rule of thumb is no more than 3 problems or entries per letter per bureau per 30-45 days. If the bureau cannot find any information on a particular item then by law it must be removed.

There is a long version.

Many people do use the 100 word allowance. I do not recommend this because you are admitting to circumstances you want removed that can only be removed if you don't admit to it. And there's the Catch-22.

The 100 word allowance did work when you sat before the decision maker and pleaded your case. If the story was heart wrenching enough you would usually win your case. Now with rules, regulations and degrees of credit worthiness all decisions are made by computer with an output of pass or fail.

Donald Martin
The Credit Advocate
(347) 865 0757

Submitted by DonaldGMartin on Thu, 09/08/2005 - 22:41

DonaldGMartin

( Posts: 9 | Credits: )