Skip to main content
index page

Hoping for a removal of the Judgement

Submitted by on Tue, 08/30/2005 - 14:15
Credits:
[Donate]

3 Years ago after having our second child and my wife being out of work, we ran into money problems. I ran into one of those bad Dept counceling places that told me NOT to pay the bills and that they would handle everything.... Now I am not stupid, I was in a corner and let someone fool me :( , trust me that won't happen again.

Anyway Since then I have my credit scores back up to 670 or so... and everything gets paid on time. there is just this ONE thing hanging over my head!

When I was in the middle of all of this I decided to refinance my house to pay off the debt and have one payment and start over.. I owed Household Finance $7,000 since they were the only ones seeking judgement, I explained to the law firm that was representing HFC that I was refinancing my house with HFC and that the debt would be paid by the end of the month. Which I sent certified mail.

We Refinanced and sent all the checks out, two weeks later I get a letter from the county clerk that a Judgement held against me for the $7,000. The lawyer never stopped the process... A week later I received a letter that the Judgement has been satisfied...

I look at my credit report on a monthly basis now and every month I have to see that judgement. Is there anyway to get it removed becaause of the timeframe??

Just figured I would give it a shot..\
Thanks
4 Years to go :(

Now that a judgment has been entered in your credit file legally, it will stay in your credit file. Once the allotted time period for judgment is over, it will get removed from your credit file.

Please do not try any credit repair packages as their are many companies offering this type of help. Derogatory remarks can only be removed legally and if any agency claims that they can do the needful, it is a risky business.

Submitted by ben on Tue, 08/30/2005 - 14:23

ben

( Posts: 2034 | Credits: )

You can always contact the credit company that list the judgement and ask them to remove it because it has been paid also contact the compant who put the judgement on you and ask if they will remove it. If you bugg some companies long enough things happen

Submitted by on Mon, 03/31/2008 - 18:57

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )