Skip to main content
index page

Paid collection...yet never contacted.

Submitted by on Wed, 08/31/2005 - 01:42
Credits:
[Donate]

About a year ago when trying to by a car I found out (at the dealership) that I had a collection on my credit.

I did not know what to do but to pay inmediately without asking questions...hoping it would fix the problem.

This collection was from a cell phone account which I closed after paying in full. Yet a cancelation fee was added to my account but I was never notified about this neither by the creditor nor the collection agency. So there was no way of knowing if I owed anything.

Can I ask them to show proof of trying to contact me or "validate "or something, even after having paid the collection?

It's not fair! I paid everything on my cell phone account but was never informed about that later cancellation fee! ....now my credit is ruined.

What can can I do? Please help...

Hi jorgenarvaez

Welcome to the forums. Was there any clause mentioned in the terms of agreement about the cancellation fee. If it was there, then it should be legal. You can clarify about this with your creditors.

If you can clarify this with your creditors, you will have an idea about the total money owed. Later, you can ask the debt collection agency to validate the debt to see if they have been legally assigned to collect the debt. Thus, you will come to know the fact about your account and take further actions.

But first, you should ask your creditors to prove the clause of the cancellation fee.

Regards
Roxette

Submitted by roxette on Wed, 08/31/2005 - 13:26

roxette

( Posts: 4009 | Credits: )