Skip to main content
index page

Free Application for Federal Student Aid

Submitted by on Sat, 09/03/2005 - 03:06
Credits:
[Donate]

Hi everyone,

It is great to know that debtcc has now started consolidating student loans as well.Thank you debtconsolidation care.

I wanted to contribute some information on student loans i had with me. Hope this will be of help to the community.

FAFSA

FAFSA or Free Application for Federal Student Aid is a very helpful tool for the student community. Through FAFSA the students are able to get rid of their financial worries while pursuing higher education.

The FAFSA is applicable for virtually all types of federal, state, and college-sponsored financial aid. This includes grants, educational loans, and work-study programs. For financial aid for your education you must file the FAFSA application for every academic year.

The FAFSA is the application used by virtually all colleges and universities to determine a student's financial aid eligibility. This eligibility is determined based on the amount of tax return in the current year and other financial data.

Recent U.S. Department of Education figures indicate that a growing number of students are filing FAFSA applications to take advantage of low-interest student and parent loans, along with other forms of financial aid.

Eligibility for FAFSA:

[list=1]
  • You must be a citizen of US.
  • You are enrolled in a study program at least for half a day in a degree course or a certified program.
  • You must be the student of an institution or college or university which supports FAFSA.
  • You should be prompt when asked verification of your income information and other financial details.
  • Credit history does not show any default record in your past.
  • You do not owe any dues in any federal grant.

Will try to come up with some more info on student loans ASAP.

God bless you all
    Annie

• What should I do in case I don't qualify for the consolidation program?

Submitted by on Sat, 09/03/2005 - 12:57

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

Hi

If you are not able to qualify for a consolidation program, it may be due to the fact that you are having some loans with other lenders totaling less than $7,500 or some other conditions. However, in such cases, you can try the following:

• You can think about refinancing your home or any other investment property to pay off the loan. You can also get some tax benefits through these options allowing you for a cheaper rate of interest.

• You can also acquire a personal line of credit from your bank or the credit union.

• You can take a private loan consolidation

Regards
    Roxette

Submitted by roxette on Sat, 09/03/2005 - 13:03

roxette

( Posts: 4009 | Credits: )