Skip to main content
index page

wages not being payed out

Submitted by chmartinbaby06 on Mon, 09/05/2005 - 19:30
Credits:
[Donate]

a company that i work for took my ex-coworkers money and didnt pay them but their hourly i mean it didn't happen to me but i feel bad because they worked very hard for their money and we get paid on hourly and commision bases so the money he took from them was their commision and i feel if someone works hard for their money the company should be obilgated to pay them because they had gave their two week notice and then when it came time for them to quit they did and then my boss said they didnt have twenty four hours in and my job so they say now you have to have twenty four hours in just to get paid so he told them prior to that they were gonna get their commision and when friday hit they didn't get it sowhat can i tell them to do can't they do something to get their pay?

As long as the employer paid them minimum wage, they are not obligated to pay them their commissions. The law states that they have to get paid atleast minimum wage. If the employer did not do this, they can go the labor board. It is very unethical for a company not to pay someone their commissions when due, so I would also think about the company that you are currently working for and consider looking elsewhere. Hope this helps!!!

Submitted by Rhonda28 on Mon, 09/05/2005 - 20:19

Rhonda28

( Posts: 411 | Credits: )

Hi chmartinbaby06
Welcome to the debt consolidation care forums

When an employee gives a two week notice then it reflects his dependability, matured ness, and his loyalty towards the company. In some cases giving a two weeks notice creates an implied contract for which the employer should give the employee a notice to leave. In such cases the employee should probably be paid.

In cases where the notice is requested then probably the salary may not be paid. In addition if the employer does not pay for the two week period then the aggrieved employees will be eligible for unemployment compensation. Paying the employees will encourage them to give notice in the future.

Hope to hear from you soon

Regards
Peter

Submitted by peter on Mon, 09/05/2005 - 21:36

peter

( Posts: 285 | Credits: )

Hello, SUSAN. Where did you work? Good..you have time slips ( that's proof you DID work). Did you get Direct Deposit or a check for your wages? Just curious here.

Submitted by sdchargers_63 on Fri, 05/22/2009 - 17:19

sdchargers_63

( Posts: 1798 | Credits: )