Skip to main content
index page

Dont ever let this happen to you

Submitted by Rhonda28 on Wed, 09/07/2005 - 17:47
Credits:
[Donate]

I want to share a story, of what happened to me the other day. My car had been acting up for days. Since I have a long commute to and from work I wanted to make sure that my car was looked at. I brought it to the shop and of course they informed me of the problem with the car. It would cost around 350 bucks. that was fine i thought. I could write a check and it wont clear until my husband got paid. When the car was fixed I had to make my payment of course. Well it turns out the could not accept a check from me. Code 3 I am told. I asked what that meant and the clerk informed me that I must have written a check somewhere and didnt pay it. Well I dont have credit cards with that high of credit available and I have yet to receive my debit card from my bank(which wouldnt have helped either). You can imagine the embarassment in front of other customers and the clerk. I made a few phone calls and was able to get a hold of my older brother and he put the bill on his credit card.
Moral of the story---if I would have managed my finances properly. I could have saved myself the embarassment. If I would have had good enough credit to have a credit card or if I didnt write a bad check, I would have saved myself a lot of embarassment.

Your story teaches a lesson to all of us. If we maintain certain rules in our daily life, we can gain our financial credibility by our own. A few tips ???

• Put an amount of your earning aside every month as your ???savings??? and don't touch it unless there is no other way out.

• Prepare your budget and stick with it.

• Differentiate between your need and your want. Prioritize your expenses and disburse accordingly.

• Credit cards are good, if handled carefully. Don't let your balance rise much higher than the limit.
Let's start it from today???..

Regards,
Bryan

Submitted by 4u.bryan on Thu, 09/08/2005 - 10:09

4u.bryan

( Posts: 819 | Credits: )

Rhonda, these small small things will only teach bigger lessons to us in our life ahead. I know how embarrassing it is to go through this in front of the outsiders but we were definitely taught something urgent.

Now, you will always manage your finance and write checks properly thinking one step ahead.

And the noble part of you is that you have taught so many of us in this community to prevent from such embarrassing moments.

I know that you will also come out very nicely shaping up your life in a dignified way.

Take care, Rhonda.

Roxette

Submitted by roxette on Thu, 09/08/2005 - 12:08

roxette

( Posts: 4009 | Credits: )

That has happened to so many people. This situation is getting worse each year ??? for both the consumer and creditor. Writing bad checks, accidentally or not, closed overdrawn accounts, etc, all this information is reported and kept.

If you have returned checks written on an account and certain collection accounts, retailers and other businesses report this information to Shared Check Authorization Network (SCAN). ChexSystems receives this information directly from SCAN and is not involved in the collection of these items.

For additional information you may contact SCAN by telephone at 800-262-7771 or in writing to SCAN, Attention Research & Resolution, 7805 Hudson Road, Suite 100, Woodbury, MN 55125.

You can also contact Chex Systems and see what they have about you. They must follow the rules and regulations of the FCRA.

[color=red][size=2][Link made inactive as per forum rules-Mike][/size][/color]

Submitted by DonaldGMartin on Thu, 09/08/2005 - 21:02

DonaldGMartin

( Posts: 9 | Credits: )

It just so happened that I got a letter in the mail today from telecheck. Apparently a check I had written three weeks didnt clear my account. For some reason I thought it did. Anyhow I called telecheck and they are gonna debit my account again and once that is taken care of, they will reinstate my check writing priveleges. I have learned to be more careful with balancing my accounts. Hopefully this doesnt happen to anyone else!

Submitted by Rhonda28 on Thu, 09/08/2005 - 21:11

Rhonda28

( Posts: 411 | Credits: )

Rhonda yes these are embrassments as well but i'm pretty sure we have all, or most of us has had this embrassment and we learn from our mistakes and i'm sorry that happened to you be strong...

Submitted by chmartinbaby06 on Thu, 09/08/2005 - 22:33

chmartinbaby06

( Posts: 381 | Credits: )