Skip to main content
index page

Remove entries for Alliance One from report after paying medical bills

Submitted by jtucker on Wed, 05/04/2005 - 14:19
Credits:
[Donate]

Called and talked to the HC billing Dept.

Explained I just received a invoice ($12.91)for services completed back on 7/15/03.

Was asking what this aws about, esp. recieving a Billing Statement after two years..

She said they just got done billing/Working it through the Inssurance Builling and I was liaible for the amount not paid (Original amount was $79.00).

I Said WOW..thats a long time to get a bill and not really know what it was for.

She also told me I had a couple from 2/2/2002 $74.00, 3/1/2002 $138.00, and 6/31/2003 $88.00 that they had listed with Alliance One. I explained I had never received the billing for those and if she could pull them back from collections I would be more then happy to take care of those. I told her the reason I would not ask the CA for the details was because of what happened when I asked about another account that was listed on my CR and didnt know what it was, when I asked the CA fro the details they sent me MEdial Invoice showing all the Procedures etc and I did not want my Private Medical Info floating around out there.

She said "OH NO!" I didnt knwo they could do that...and I said it apperas so that if you ask for the details, the assume you gace them permission to pull those files.

She agreed to request the billing info so she could pull it back from Collections and send me fresh billing statements.

SO...hoping this will remove those entries for Alliance One from my report after I get these small medical bills paid

See what contacting a Origianl Creditor might help in doing..esp the Medical ones :P

Jerry

Hi,
I agree with you on this.Directly contacting can really help.
This quickens the process and helps removing a lot of hassles on our part.
Also Sample Letters Section can help people in a big way.
I think its a great idea to get in touch with the original creditor because it saves a lot of time and effort on our part.
Thanks for posting your experience.
This should encourage a lot of people to call up their creditors on their own.
Cheers
thirdeye

Submitted by thirdeye on Thu, 05/05/2005 - 06:47

thirdeye

( Posts: 82 | Credits: )

Jerry your posts are really informative and helpful. Great going! Keep it up! :D

Regards,
Jason

Submitted by Jason on Thu, 05/05/2005 - 21:00

Jason

( Posts: 2430 | Credits: )