Skip to main content
index page

I have no account with ASG. how to stop their calls?

Submitted by on Thu, 05/05/2005 - 20:09
Credits:
[Donate]

I had a call one day from ASG and they said they were calling me about my Capital One Account. I have no Capital One account and from my check of my credit report last month I don't even have a fraudulent Capital One account. They asked if I was "Blank Blank" -- they had my correct name and they asked if I resided at ....... address in Tampa. WRONG. It wasn't me. I asked them how they got my phone number and they said that this was the phone number that "blank blank" provided them. I told them that that was wrong and the person asked if I was born in the year 1952! COMPLETELY WRONG. I don't know how to get through to this company to tell them to stop calling me (I had a phone message today that they were trying to call me and to please call them back... But if I HAVE NO ACCOUNT with them and all I have is my name - what good is that going to do?????) I am not willing to provide any of my personal information because it could be a scam and they are trying to steal my personal information, but I can't sit around and wait for them to call me back one day when I am actually here and can answer the phone. So, if someone at ASG is really monitoring this webboard and you recognize the phone number 1-888-737-8693 as a legitimate number, then please let me know how to get in touch with someone who can really research what is going on and have ASG remove MY phone number from their information!!!! I dont appreciate being harassed like this even if it is inadvertent as I pay all of my credit card bills on time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi,
What these people are doing to you is not acceptable by any means. Once you have informed them that they are calling the wrong person they should stop calling you.
If they continue calling you then they are on the wrong side.
You can seek legal help if they refuse to stop the calls.You may take help of your attorney regarding this matter.
You can also find out contact details of ASG in Ranking Chart Section
Thanks
thirdeye

Submitted by thirdeye on Thu, 05/05/2005 - 21:31

thirdeye

( Posts: 82 | Credits: )

I talked to ASG just now. Called them and made them believe that they had the wrong person without revealing too much of my personal info. The guy said they'd take my number out of their system. Hope it is true.

Submitted by on Fri, 05/06/2005 - 12:25

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

I just got a call from them, too - I do have a capital one account, but will not call them back due to this board - thanks!

Submitted by on Wed, 07/05/2006 - 13:05

Wrong Number, you have to make sure that they remove ALL of your information as they will put your name on annother random account and screw your credit.
Theres a good chance that they have alot more information about you including your ssn, where you work, all kinda of info.
Be carefull because this is a scam attempt.

Submitted by on Thu, 07/06/2006 - 11:02

I have cooperated with ASG 7 or more times, ensuring that I am not the individual they are looking for. They continue to call, even though they have verified that the last 4 of my SS# don't match.
Was that a mistake to give them the last 4 of my social? How do I get them to stop calling me? I am not the person they are looking for.

Submitted by on Fri, 07/28/2006 - 21:09

You should always verify info they have on file, but never give them info they do not have. They can read the last 4 digits of the SS# they have on file, and if they do not match yours..you tell them that. If any info is correct, then you verify that it is. Companies are supposed to be going away from using SS#'s to identify people, and are not supposed to use them as account #'s anymore, therefore you should not have to give it to them, but just verify what they have on file.

Submitted by on Mon, 07/31/2006 - 13:51

send the a do not contact again letter and by law they must not contact you again

Sample Letter to Stop Debt Collection Calls

[quote]Your Name
Your Address

Collector's Name
Collector's Address

Mr./Ms. Collector,

I am writing in response to your constant phone calls!

According to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, [15 USC 1692c] Section 805(c): CEASING COMMUNICATION: You must cease all communication with me after being notified in writing that I no longer wish to communicate with you. Therefore, I demand that you stop calling me at home, at work, on my cell phone or at any other location!

In accordance with the federal fdcpa, now that you have received this "stop calling" letter, you may only contact me to inform me that you:

are terminating further collection efforts;
invoking specified remedies which are ordinarily invoked by you or your company; or
intend to invoke a specified remedy.
Be advised that I am well aware of my rights! For instance, I know that any future contact by you or your company violates the FDCPA and that since you already have my location information, calls made by you or your company to any 3rd party concerning me violates section 805(b)2 of the FDCPA.

Be advised that I am keeping accurate records of all correspondence from you and your company, including tape recording all phone calls. If you continue calling me I will pursue all available legal actions to stop you from harassing me and my family.

Signature
Your Printed Name[/quote]

Submitted by Mary Adkins Matthews on Sun, 11/11/2007 - 22:20

Mary Adkins Matthews

( Posts: 755 | Credits: )

OMG!! I just posted, on the Credit Magic forum, that Capital One calls me, sometimes, too!! Asks for someone who doesn't live at this phone number. They tell me to "verify my address with them." Hell no, I won't!! They call with a 'private' number. What can I do??

Submitted by sdchargers_63 on Sun, 11/11/2007 - 22:24

sdchargers_63

( Posts: 1798 | Credits: )

That same number has been calling me, but the guy calls from his CELL phone... Gave me the 888-737-8693 number to call back and also a reference number... WHY is he calling from his CELL phone? I will not be calling them... TOO weird!

Submitted by on Thu, 01/31/2008 - 10:47

I have recieved a few more calls from them..again!! Finally..I'm telling them to stop calling ( like I wasn't telling them that before). How annoying!! ( BTW..can anyone tell me how to change my 'pic', right above my ID?....thanks).

Submitted by sdchargers_63 on Mon, 02/04/2008 - 03:27

sdchargers_63

( Posts: 1798 | Credits: )