Skip to main content
index page

Getting a closed account re opened

Submitted by on Thu, 09/29/2005 - 05:20
Credits:
[Donate]

I have a Chase credit card. I was late on some payments and always had a high balance. Not paying attention to it screwed me up but my payments have been timely and have started making higher payments monthly.

I have never done this, but is it worth me trying to ask them to re open my account at some point, like with a good faith letter? Say, when my total due to them is pretty low?

John,

I think when you repay the whole balance your card becomes active automatically. You can contact them if you want to reopen it before the whole balance is paid but the approval completely depends upon company policies.

Moreover, you were not punctual with your payments in past, so it might be tough to gain their faith. However, you can try it out and also keep us informed about the progress.

Submitted by 4u.bryan on Thu, 09/29/2005 - 12:25

4u.bryan

( Posts: 819 | Credits: )

Hi JohnFish

If you apply for a loan in the near future, your credit history will be widely researched. At that point of time this account will come into picture showing some late payments. This will lower your credit scores as it has worse impact than a missed payment long time back.

Submitted by roxette on Thu, 09/29/2005 - 12:42

roxette

( Posts: 4009 | Credits: )