Skip to main content
index page

My divorce is supposed to split my debt 50/50 with my ex

Submitted by on Sun, 10/02/2005 - 14:13
Credits:
[Donate]

Hi, I was divorced several years ago and in the judgement the credit card debt was to be split 50/50 with me and my ex. Well, since then ALL the debt shows up on my report. I have told the agency's about the judgement and they tell me that until the full amount is paid off it will remain on my report, even if I pay my half of it all. My ex has no intentions of paying any of it either. One of the cards was issued to my ex when we first got married. I was still 17 at the time and he had my name put on the account and it is shown as my debt too. I live in IL and under state law I cant be held responsible until 18. Should this stuff be removed? What should I do?

Hi ntsha

Welcome to the forums. Your divorce took place after the debt already occurred in your name as well as your husband. So, send a copy of your divorce decree to the agency for the proper actions to be taken.

It is true that judgment won't be removed until the debt has been paid off. Thus, you need to take proper actions in order to solve your debt related problems.

Regards
Roxette

Submitted by roxette on Mon, 10/03/2005 - 14:05

roxette

( Posts: 4009 | Credits: )