Skip to main content
index page

Creditors issuing credit to someone with my info.

Submitted by on Tue, 10/11/2005 - 13:14
Credits:
[Donate]

I've sent a police report as well as proof of current address affadivit of fraud and I.D. several times certified mail. The creditors still claim the address is verified and will not discontinue reporting the fraudulent accounts. I also sent a complaint to FTC on each reporting agency. Does anyone out there have any suggestions, can't afford an attorney and creditors are still issuing credit to someone with my info. Any suggestions?

This is something very serious. After given necessary information about your identity theft, if the creditors are still giving credit in your name, it is a crime. Report this company to the police. Send your affidavit to the fraud department of the three bureaus and explain the whole actions taken so far. It is the responsibility of the fraud department to protect your identity and take strict actions against the creditors not working within the federal rules.

You can also file a complaint at the consumer protection office in your state. Hopefully, you will be able to see positive results soon.

Submitted by ben on Tue, 10/11/2005 - 14:31

ben

( Posts: 2034 | Credits: )

EDC

As well as doing what Ben has recommened, another suggestion could be to change your SSN#. You can apply for a new number at your local Federal Building, where the soc sec offices are generally located.

Good Luck, and let us know what happens to the result you're trying to seek.

Regards-
Mike

Submitted by Teleport on Fri, 10/14/2005 - 06:56

Teleport

( Posts: 1388 | Credits: )

This could be because of this here. A person that has found out your information to get credit for themselves can and will most likely do so.

Not all companies will give credit under the circumstances, but most will. They will for one reason and one reason only.

You basically cannot do a thing to someone using your information unless they start falling behind on payments or do not pay at all and it starts to effect your name.

The company sees one thing only, and thats another opportunity to make money. When the person using your name starts messing up, you will notice the companies will gladly want to find out who is behind all this.

Now they want the money they was freely handing out even know you told them your not the one asking for credit.

Now they will want all the info you can possibly think of, of who can be the one doing this.

Basically, you are not liable starting the day you reported all this. But, the credit people are on their own mission and it's all for money.

They do not care someone is using your name, as long as their paying, it's fine with them.

Submitted by ShawnK on Sun, 08/20/2006 - 02:52

ShawnK

( Posts: 12 | Credits: )