Skip to main content
index page

What should I do to remove incorrect entries from my CR!

Submitted by on Mon, 10/17/2005 - 20:54
Credits:
[Donate]

I had a paid CA on my EX listed twice (1 with correct acct #, 1 w/a incorrect #, CA said they don't know what that # is) and its on my TU w/ the wrong acct #. I disputed them. came back updated. I called them and said I dispute it for a 2nd time and need them to delete the duplicate. BUT, i dispute the one with the correct acct # and they deleted it. Now, I have it listed on my EX and TU with an incorrect acct #. I was going to send the CA a ltr , say third attempt to remove these duplicate acct's, send them a ltr to sign saying that this incorrect acct # is not an accurate acct and to delete it. Then, mail that to the Credit agencies. OR, should I dispute it with the CA or CB and ask for a MOV?

obxdude,

It's really surprising that they have deleted the entry with correct account number. If anybody disputes an entry, bureaus are supposed to investigate on it and the correction is subject to the success of this investigation.

Anyways, I would suggest you to contact the Credit Bureaus with all the documents of your earlier correspondence with them and the Collection Agency as well.

Best of luck.

Submitted by 4u.bryan on Tue, 10/18/2005 - 11:16

4u.bryan

( Posts: 819 | Credits: )

Obxdude

You can send all the proofs of the previous correspondence and dispute with the credit bureau that is reporting it. Sending a copy of it to the collection agency will also speed up the process.

The credit bureau will take 30 days to verify the dispute and if it is found to be correct, you will be sent a free copy of your report.

Submitted by ben on Tue, 10/18/2005 - 11:40

ben

( Posts: 2034 | Credits: )

May I offer another suggestion. I would not send any documentation to the CRA's. It is their job to investigate the account and make sure all information is accurate and given the 30 time frame you do not want to make their job any easier.

Chances are it will come back verified but dont worry. Your next letter will ask the question who did you talk to, what was the phone number and how is it you could have verified it when I have the reciepts showing otherwise? Followed up with a demand to delete it in 15 days or your next letter will be to the FTC.

Submitted by on Tue, 10/18/2005 - 18:24

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )