Skip to main content
index page

late submittal of my accounts

Submitted by on Wed, 01/25/2006 - 11:06
Credits:
[Donate]

I was wondering why a collection account showed up on my credit record, seven months after the fact. Is this normal or were they cleaning out their records and I popped up. Also since the creditor cashed the check not the collection agency, does the collection agency have any legal obligation? They were caught in the middle, but I was dealing with the creditor the whole time.

mshwartz12,

Welcome to the forums :D

Bureaus update your report according to the reporting done by your creditor. It seems that the collection agency reported about your account lately that is the reason it appeared in your file after 7 months.

You have mentioned that your creditor has received the payment made by you. Did they report it to the bureau? Your credit report should show that you are paying. Ask them to report your account accurately.

Since you did not deal with the collection agency at all, you can dispute the entry with bureau. Send a dispute letter mentioning the item that you want to be verified. Credit bureau will run an investigation and will rectify the errors.

You can visit this page to get some knowledge on how to dispute:

http://forums.debtcc.com/forums/disputed-listing.html

Submitted by 4u.bryan on Wed, 01/25/2006 - 11:47

4u.bryan

( Posts: 819 | Credits: )

Well I finally was able to get a response from the creditor regarding this account after referring me to the collection agency numerous times. I had to remind them that they reported me while I was working with them in repayment terms. They finally were convinced of the mistake and removed the information from my credit report.

Submitted by on Tue, 04/25/2006 - 21:13

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )