Skip to main content
index page

Should I check with other CRA???

Submitted by on Mon, 02/13/2006 - 23:34
Credits:
[Donate]

I requested the credit report to Experian and found same error (MCYDSNB). I disputed this to Experian. Should I check the other two (Equifax and TransUnion) whether they contain the same error? Or disputing with Experian will also correct my credie report with the other agencies?

Audrey Sung,

Credit bureaus do not have any connection among themselves. If the same error is reported to all the bureaus and you get it rectified with one of them, chances are other reports will be still showing the erroneous entry.

So it would be better if you check the reports from other two credit bureaus as well. If the same error is there too, you have to dispute it separately.

The problem you are having resembles the one we discussed few weeks back.

Submitted by stanley on Tue, 02/14/2006 - 10:41

stanley

( Posts: 1639 | Credits: )

Jess,

If you have Macy*s account and want to close it, then you can contact them to inquire the procedure of closing existing accounts. But if the item is appearing in your report without your knowledge, you can dispute it with credit bureaus.

Please go through the thread mentioned in my previous post. There is a long discussion regarding ???MCYDSNB' and related issues.

Submitted by stanley on Tue, 02/28/2006 - 13:20

stanley

honestly, one good thing about the credit bureaus not sharing information is that my husband has a card which he had before we were married. I was unaware of it, but we are now working to pay it off.. anyway, long story short, by the time I found out about it it was onver 90 days past due. Only Experian has it on the Credit report though.
Granted, our score is about 100 points less with Experian than the other two companies, but I am not complaining!!

Rose

Submitted by rbullard on Wed, 03/15/2006 - 14:14

rbullard

( Posts: | Credits: )

Rose,

Credit bureaus do not go to the doorstep of creditors to collect consumers' information. It is the creditor who reports your accounts status to the bureaus. However, few creditors prefer to deal with some specific credit bureau and do not report to others. That could be a reason for the difference in credit score.

Guest,

You have to dispute it with credit bureaus. Send dispute letter pointing out the item that you would like to place under dispute. Browse this forum to know more about the process.

Submitted by stanley on Fri, 03/17/2006 - 14:05

stanley

i have an account opened back in 1999
How do I go about closing this account?

Submitted by on Thu, 06/15/2006 - 12:33

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )