Skip to main content
index page

(336) 522-8999 - Whose number is this belongs to?

Submitted by on Tue, 02/21/2006 - 16:09
Credits:
[Donate]

Keep getting calls from 336-522-8998 , no message and no name on caller ID. Thanks

336-522-8998 is Citi Cards. I called 336-522-8998
for you to see who it was. First I got a recording saying that for quality purposes your call may be recorded...then it put me on hold and the guy answered with 'this is citi cards, how may I help you'. Hope this has helped. shirley

Submitted by imkimssister on Sat, 02/25/2006 - 14:10

imkimssister

( Posts: 1301 | Credits: )

Thanks Shirley, 336-522-8998 must be Capitol One. I just made a payment last week, and they are taking another one out this week-so don't know what their problem is, thought it might be Sears too??

Submitted by on Sun, 02/26/2006 - 21:17

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

Bossy44, is the company taking out money as per the arrangement made by you? Monitor your bank account closely so that you are able to detect if there is any problem. If there is large number of debits than agreed, you might add up NSF fees.

Submitted by david on Mon, 02/27/2006 - 05:37

david

( Posts: 1229 | Credits: )

Yes,David I set up payment, but will watch closely to make sure they don't get carried away with my account!!

Submitted by on Mon, 02/27/2006 - 09:51

Bossy, it's nice that you are taking our suggestions offered by this community. I see you posting as a guest here. Why don't you sign up here and join our community. You will enjoy many facilities in this forum.

Submitted by david on Mon, 02/27/2006 - 10:35

david

I think I would like to sign up, I've been watching and reading for a while to make sure you weren' some fly-by-night organization,lol,and I see how much info,and better yet,help that is available and hope that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. How do I join,what is the cost,etc? Thanks to all of you for your time and devotion

Submitted by on Mon, 02/27/2006 - 16:30

Bossy44

There is no cost for joining this forum. Do a community sign up. That's all. :D You can see that link in the left side of the forums index page. Ultimately, this is our community that makes you feel this forum to be of great. Cheers folks!!

Submitted by david on Mon, 02/27/2006 - 16:45

david

Your company has been calling my daughter's cell phone asking her to pay a debt you seem to think she owes. These repeated calls are illegal and annoying. She is 14 years old and not of legal age. The phone number you are calling is xxx-xxx-xxxx. Remove this number from your call list. Stop the calls immediately. My alternative will be to make a complaint against your company. Whoever had xxx-xxx-xxxx has changed their number.

Mary Widmer

personal phone numbers removed for your safety and forum rules - polly

Submitted by on Wed, 03/22/2006 - 16:05

Hi everyone.. that Phone number (336)522-8998 [They also use (336)522-8999] Is a collection agency for a few credit card companys including Sears, They repeatedly call my Cell phone about 15 times a day, I keep telling them they have the wrong phone number but they dont care what I say and keep calling. Unfortunately This has cost me about $50 dollars this month because it turns out that if you recieve a call on your cell phone you get charged minutes even if you dont answer it, so every call they made cost me 1 minute, and ran my phone 266 minutes over my normal alloted minutes.. I lost 170 roll over minutes and was charged for 96 minutes after that. Someone has to find a way to make this company stop harrasing people! Thanks for your time.

Submitted by on Fri, 03/24/2006 - 17:16

Yikes, what cell phone company do you use?? Mine (When I had one) never charged me for calls I didn't answer.

I'd dispute these charges with your cell phone company.

Submitted by Jessi on Fri, 03/24/2006 - 17:41

Jessi

( Posts: 3361 | Credits: )

Guest,

Are you sure the debt they are collecting does not belong to you? If you can get their address, send cease and desist letter. If they don't, speak with a lawyer. Since they have caused lots of bills on your cell phone, they must compensate it. Keep the cell phone bills with you safely. Keep us posted.

Submitted by stanley on Mon, 03/27/2006 - 10:04

stanley

( Posts: 1639 | Credits: )

I keep getting calls from 336 522 8999. PLEASE EITHER LEAVE A MESSAGE OR STOP CALLING!!! I PREFER THE LATTER!!!

Submitted by on Tue, 06/06/2006 - 12:57

NOYB, read the posts above who have been receiving similar calls from the number. You might be able to reach a conclusion. Have you tried to block the number from your phone company? The last thing you can do is to change the phone number as most people do.

Submitted by Justme on Tue, 06/06/2006 - 14:55

Justme

( Posts: 479 | Credits: )

336 522 8999 is a citicard phone number. It was formally
a sears collection center before being acquired
by citicard last year. Their address is: Citicard,
5450 Millstream Road, Mcleansville, NC 27301.
To stop calls, I would immediately send a
"cease & desist" letter by certified mail,
return receipt to them pursuant to federal law,
fair debt collections practices act sections
1692(c)& 806.

Submitted by on Wed, 07/05/2006 - 14:39

let's see, i've been reading your comments & i'm going to tell you what you can do, what won't happen, & how to go about settling your disputes. first of all, they're NOT going to leave a message. messages are only left if you are far behind delinquency. they can & will call you up to 6 times a day from 8-9:00pm until they speak with the person they are calling for. depends on how many accounts you have. they can do that on each one you may have. mary, you state your daughter is 14. obviously this is fraud. ask for the fraud # & get it handled. by yelling & just telling them that wont do you any good. hanging up only puts your # back into the dialer & you will continue to recieve calls. spammed by that: first of all, you need to change your phone service. when they call you again, tell them how long you've had the # & verify your address. the calls will not stop until you inform them of everything. no, it's not your job nor is it your fault but unless you want to keep getting those ridiculous bills nothing's going to change. furthermore, listening to stanley isnt going to do you any good. they're not going to compensate you because they're doing their job. your # automatically goes into the system. so they have no idea as to what your situation is until the phone beeps in their head set & see the notes. *which doesnt appear right away* and wilbur sorry to tell you but sending a letter to that address wont do you ANY good. it's just a call center! not the headquarters. so they'll see that letter & throw it away. the call centers are just that, a call center. they dont handle money (only payments by phone) or any inquiries. you would have to send that to another address. hope i helped you guys out. sorry to give you not so good news. take care!

Submitted by on Wed, 07/19/2006 - 19:03

What address will work for this bunch?

Submitted by on Wed, 09/13/2006 - 05:10

I'm confused as to why im being hunted by this number, I don't have any debt with credit card companies or any credit card debt, and i was being contacted through my cell phone. so im not sure why im gettin these calls. it's haunting. they call twice a day mon-fri

Submitted by on Wed, 09/20/2006 - 19:05

Sears collection services

Submitted by on Mon, 04/16/2007 - 06:13

I had lost my job and went on a montly payment plan with sears (this lasted a year) I was told when I did so that with the last payment made I could start using the card off. When I called to see if they had gotten the last payment I was told yes. I asked when I could start using the card again and I was told it had been canceled. I asked then if I could set up another year. That I could and would make the montly payments as I had been. I was trying to make restitutiuon for my situation. I got a FLAT answer NO. So now I get calls all the time from the above number.

just my 2 cents.
Tired

Submitted by on Fri, 06/29/2007 - 08:36

I just received a call from this number and I am not behind on any payments anywhere. When I looked this number up, I read where someone else has been trying to find an official office to report this number as a "phishing attempt." Please contact your credit card companies, etc directly before giving any information as someone may just be looking for people already in financial distress to intimidate into paying out money to them instead of the companies to which it is actually owed. Don't fall for it. Real collection agencies know the regulations and will abide by them. If this was a legitimate collection agency, they would not have called me before they are legally permitted to make outgoing calls especially when I have no debts in collection!!!!

Submitted by on Sat, 07/14/2007 - 05:47

jus in the area,

I am not sure what you are trying to say. Tell me, if you are in debt and you want to pay so bad that it hurts but cant, do you want someone to call and remind you and tell you that your scum and will go to jail? I will pay my debts with or without a collection agency. By the way, it is a law that I do not have to use a collection agency to pay anything, I can just by pass them.

all the best

Submitted by Lukeskywalker on Tue, 08/28/2007 - 17:31

Lukeskywalker

( Posts: 1909 | Credits: )

The people (and I use the term loosely) operating from these numbers do not represent any established company. They are merely scam artists who only want to extract personal information so that they fraud you. It has been an ongoing scam.

DO NOT give them any information whatsoever.

Submitted by on Fri, 11/09/2007 - 13:25

These people call us ALL THE TIME! I'm getting so sick of seeing their stupid number on my caller ID. We usually just pick up the phone and yell something ridiculous into it and then hang up again.

Submitted by on Tue, 12/04/2007 - 18:19

I also receive these calls numerous times a day..it is also a Staples card. I had one and paid it off completley and cancelled it but citicard didnt receive my payment on time and charged me a late fee but I was never informed and it kept adding up! I had that problem so maybe if someone has a staples card? they could have a similar situation...

Submitted by on Sun, 01/06/2008 - 18:23

They calld me 2 times yestderday, no message left then again this morning and they just sat there. Now I know who it is but I am not late on any payment.

Submitted by on Mon, 01/28/2008 - 06:13

they were calling me about a legitimate debt, which i paid off to them over the phone the first time they called me. that was three weeks ago and they are STILL calling me about 15 times a day on my freaking cell phone asking about the debt, which by the way has already cleared from my account. can i like... do anything about this? doesn't this qualify as harassment?

Submitted by on Fri, 02/01/2008 - 17:27

These companies do have a department that handles mail through a viewer not the actual piece of mail. Some of the information you give above is true, but sometimes a letter if formatted correctly can get the items removed from your credit report. I used to work for an undisclosed company and there was a Dept called Paper that handled these letters and forwarded them to Hagerstown MD to have researched.

Submitted by on Wed, 03/19/2008 - 16:03

just read the topic "in debt who care" read all messages the answer on how to stop call is there

Submitted by on Wed, 03/19/2008 - 18:56

Citi Cards 5450 Millstream Rd is a call center and call center only. All leters and correspondences will be forwarded to another site. FYI

Submitted by on Thu, 07/03/2008 - 22:17

I like the look-up chat forum place. It's nice to know you can search for info on these numbers. This must be citigroup from Sears for me, since I just got off a payment plan with them and now I owe the balace (which I can't pay). That's why I made the payment plan. I think they've got enough money from me already. When I can pay again or they can put me back on a payment plan that is reasonable, then we will have reached a "happy medium".

Submitted by on Tue, 08/12/2008 - 05:59

Pending the rights you have in your individual State you can request that they stop calling you, of which should be done in writing followed up by answering the calls and clearly stating that you as a consumer have X-rights according to your State (i.e. California is: 15 USC Sections 1692c & 1692d; CC Section 1788.11(d) & (e)) and that you will not discuss any account information because of your written request. At this point I request all of their information which normally gets them nervous and stating that your information is false. I then ask for their manager which either makes them cooperate or has them get their manager, which I then get ALL of THEIR information - stating that by their continued calls they are breaking the law, if they choose to continue they will be personally cited if any legal action is taken. This generally stops your calls darn near instantly with you receiving letters requesting that you call in ?????? But it at least stops the calls??????? what you are able to wrangle out of them in writing is another arduous process all on its own. The one thing that I can say is that if you have documentation showing that you have tried your best within your means to pay your debt, even if they take you to court the judge will most likely be in your favor. Meaning, send your payments to the correspondents address ???????stapled??????? to the letter that again clearly states (repeats) your current situation and that you are in fact doing all that you can do according to your circumstances. I ALWAYS leave the paragraph relating to communications in writing AS WELL as putting a paragraph that by cashing/posting the check they acknowledge receipt and review of the letter.

Submitted by on Mon, 10/13/2008 - 19:05

I got a call from the 8999 number THREE TIMES today. I have not picked up once thanks to peoples responses here. Thanks!

Submitted by on Thu, 11/20/2008 - 13:19

Hi all...I have rec'd phone calls from this number as well. In an effort to find out if this was true, after receiving a recording in my voicemail stating, " we are sorry we are unable to speak to you personally. We do understand you are very busy. Please give us a call regarding your citi card account at (phone number provided). Just an FYI...I called the 800 number on the citi card I do have, and after mentioning to them that I am receiving these phone calls and numerous voice messages, they told me that this number does not belong to any of their departments. It must be FRAUD! Be careful and check your accounts if you have returned the call and provided them with your personal information...i.e., social security number, address, etc. Hope this helps!

Submitted by on Fri, 11/28/2008 - 11:55

for any harrassing phone calls (not leaving messages)

i have verizon

hit *57 and verizon traces and logs and takes care of it

Submitted by on Sat, 01/31/2009 - 08:35

I work for a real estate business within the collections dept.
If they have the wrong # - tell them your name and how long you have had that #. You can also inform them that they are calling the wrong people and if they do not stop you will contact an atty or the atty general for your state and file a complaint. This should stop the calls right away. Also, add you home and or cellphone #s to the natl do not call list. This is an extra step you can take.

Submitted by on Mon, 02/02/2009 - 17:59

As long as you actually tell them that they have the wrong number, that the person they are calling for doesn't live there, they will note the acct and "bad" it out. Just telling them "stop calling" and hanging up won't do anything because they didn't find out the person can't be reached at this number.
Also, just because you tell them don't call this number anymore or you'll call your atty won't do any good unless you are in certain states. Surprisingly, most States do not have verbal cease and desist laws, therefore your request won't be taken as such.
Another thing, the Nat'l do not call list doesn't matter to these calls, they are not solicitations, but rather business calls, which aren't a factor in the list.
As for the phishing scam, most credit card companies have procedures in place where, in order to verify your contact information, they ask you to repeat it back to them. The idea is they don't want to be responsible if they tell your address to someone and somehow they manage to use it for fraud purposes. Just let them know you won't read it back and they should now at least give you some if not all of it for you to confirm.
If you ever leery of someone calling you, you can always request they give you information about the acct in order to verify there authenticity. Another way is, after you speak to one of these people, you can always call the Cust Serv # on the back of your card and see if they have a record of the call.

Submitted by on Wed, 03/18/2009 - 10:44

The number is CitiCards, The sears credit portfolio is run out of that building in McLeansville NC. Used to work there. So if you have a Sears credit card then that is why they are calling. Only Sears Collections, and sears customer service are in that building, with a couple of Citi Bank Cards representatives. When Citi bought out the sears credit portfolio they moved the building to the Millstream road address from the Albert Pick Rd Building in Greensboro.

Submitted by on Sun, 03/29/2009 - 08:07

I have a Sears/Citibank CC.?? I recently am about 1 week behind on payments.?? They are calling me 6 times a day without leaving messages from these 2 numbers.

Submitted by on Mon, 03/30/2009 - 09:52