Skip to main content
index page

credit repair attorney

Submitted by help03 on Wed, 03/15/2006 - 10:04
Credits:
[Donate]

Can anyone out there recommend a good attorney in California that may be able to help me straighten out a credit reporting mess with the bureaus and chex systems?

Credit report errors are one of the common factors for lower credit scores. They can also affect your financial worthiness and affect your credit in the long run. Pull your credit report from all the three bureaus and compare each of the items. Highlight the incorrect ones and dispute with the bureaus. An investigation will be done by them and your file will be updated after figuring out the mistakes. Read this page as it points out some helpful tips on how to do credit repair.

http://forums.debtcc.com/forums/credit-check.html

Regarding Chex system, the negative information once entered in your account will remain with them for five years. But, you can pay off the dues to your bank so that some improvement is shown in your file. This will ease your problems when you will be opening a new account with some other bank.

Submitted by david on Wed, 03/15/2006 - 10:18

david

( Posts: 1229 | Credits: )

The Chex Systems report is showing overdrafts on an old bank account, however, this is not correct. I had stop payments on the checks that they pushed through, therefore causing overdrafts. This is not correct. How do I fix?

Submitted by help03 on Wed, 03/15/2006 - 11:15

help03

( Posts: 85 | Credits: )

The report of the Chex system should display the accurate details of your account. You can request the bank to remove the incorrect entries but they are under no obligation to do so. But after you have paid off the stop payment fees, the accounts will be reported as paid to the chex system.

Or you can directly deal with the chex system in this matter. Order the latest copy of your report from the chex system. If you have been declined a bank account within the 60 days, you are eligible to get a free report otherwise, you will have to pay some charges for it. After reviewing your copy, dispute the item at the following address:

Consumer Relations 12005 Ford Road Suite 600 Dallas, TX 75234
Toll-free 800-428-9623
Use the number 602-659-2197 if you want to fax the dispute.

Submitted by david on Wed, 03/15/2006 - 11:40

david

( Posts: 1229 | Credits: )