Skip to main content
index page

Opening a savings account having delinquent payments

Submitted by on Sun, 03/19/2006 - 20:26
Credits:
[Donate]

hi! can someone help me out cause I did not know really what to do in this situation, I have unpaid or deliquent accounts for about 6 months in which I was'nt able to pay cause I don't have any stable job at that moment, all i have was a parttime job about 2 to 3x a week only in which the salary I got is too small and just enough for my daily needs, Now that I have a stable job and willing to pay my deliquent accounts/debts for the past few months. Can I open a savings account to any bank? will they turn me down if they find out that I have deliquent accounts for the past 6 months? pls. give me an advice on what to do?

Caution: don't tell anyone you've got the savings acct., or what bank you use. Cash your paychecks at the bank they're drawn on if you can. If someone has or obtains a judgment against you, they can do a writ of execution and garnishment to have your savings account seized without prior notice to you. Then you'd be in the position of having to go to court to explain why they shouldn't be allowed to do that. Better off not to tell anyone about it. If you live near the state line, you might do well to get your account at a bank in the neighboring state (not just a branch of the same bank that is in your state, that can still be garnished. you need an out of state bank that will be immune from service of process in your home state.)

Submitted by Virginia-Legal-Defense on Mon, 03/20/2006 - 06:45

Virginia-Legal-Defense

( Posts: 260 | Credits: )