Skip to main content
index page

how to get a free credit report?

Submitted by work_athome_mom on Wed, 03/22/2006 - 22:37
Credits:
[Donate]

Hello there,

I've seen alot of pop up ads on the computer about how to get a free credit report. Does anyone know how i can go about getting one that doesn't involve any scams. I am looking to get one before DCC (debt consolidation care calls, because i just signed up for them to contact me and realize i don't have a credit report. Thank you in advance.

This is the link to the actual Free Once a year report from each Agency that the Gov. put in effect a little more then a year ago if I remember right.

https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp

You pick your state and since you have not got one before eligability should not be a problem otherwise you are limited to one free report per a year.

Now if you dispute something they do have to send you an updated report without cost.

Best of wishes to you in this endevour

Tim

Submitted by TimB on Thu, 03/23/2006 - 09:27

TimB

( Posts: 48 | Credits: )

Hi work_athome_mom,

Once you do obtain your credit report, if you have any questions about its contents, do not hesitate to ask us! Most of us are self-made credit report experts. We will be happy to help you out with any questions you have...and you will probably have some, we all have at one point or another! And thanks for joining the forum, it is nice to have you here!

~Mary

Submitted by Mary on Thu, 03/23/2006 - 12:34

Mary

( Posts: 1344 | Credits: )

Hi again :)

We were all new at it once, and we love to help others here - that is why we stick around! This is the friendliest place you will find as far as credit repair is concerned. In the beginning, it is so confusing!! But eventually you will be an expert like us! :)

~Mary

Submitted by Mary on Thu, 03/23/2006 - 16:47

Mary

( Posts: 1344 | Credits: )