Skip to main content
index page

Working on clearing up credit

Submitted by nicole on Thu, 03/23/2006 - 07:45
Credits:
[Donate]

Okay - I have been sitting here for about 45 minutes now searching this forum for assistance and I must say, I have gotten a ton of information that will get me started - but I still have few questions:
What is the exact process? Should I just submit a dispute or send validation letters to the collection agencies? Which is better?

Nicole,

The question you have asked does not have any simple answer, you know. It depends on the situation. If you are 100% sure that the item is not correct, dispute it with credit bureau. Chances of getting it removed are high.

If the items are correct, send validation to the collection agency. If they validate the debt, go through it carefully. If you find any discrepancy dispute it with the collection agency. Now, if they cannot clarify it, or fail to validate at first, the probability of getting the item removed from your report is far above the ground.

But, if the item is correct and you dispute it with credit bureau, then it might come back as verified. So this will retard the repayment process, JMO.

Submitted by stanley on Thu, 03/23/2006 - 15:42

stanley

( Posts: 1639 | Credits: )