Skip to main content
index page

Not sure about this one

Submitted by Jolie on Fri, 03/24/2006 - 06:46
Credits:
[Donate]

Hi everyone!! I'll get right to the point. lol

Just the other day I received a phone call from a guy at "capital..." I cant remember the second part of the company he said he represented. After being here for a bit and reading and posting every now and then I've learned to be cautious of people calling my home. Anywho, he calls and asks me if I am in the process of repairing my credit or reestablishing it. I said I am currently doing both. He said "Well we have a great program for you! It's a credit card we're willing to issue you without checking your credit. We only require your bank account information." I was very unsure about this and thought...nah.. Im not interested in a credit card or anything like that right now. He said "Oh we won't pull any money out except for purchases you make with this card." Why bother? I can pay cash or use my bank card with the same result! LOL

He insisted that this program was much easier and better than using a check or bank card. I told him no thanks and hung up the phone.

So, this kind of thing reminds me of the time back in 2000-2001 when a company mailed me a credit card offer by mail telling me that i would a certain limit. All I needed to send was $45. I did and NEVER heard back from them. When I called the phone number on the letter it had been disconnected.

Even if it wasn't a scam (which it sounds like it is anyway), it doesn't sound like a good deal. And the fact that they used "Capital" in their name makes it sound authentic, since everybody knows Capital One. Good for you Jolie, for knowing not to give that info out! Many people would jump at the chance for a credit card, without thinking about the consequences of giving your banking information over the phone.

~Mary :)

Submitted by Mary on Fri, 03/24/2006 - 15:00

Mary

( Posts: 1344 | Credits: )