Skip to main content
index page

debt not listed in credit report

Submitted by on Thu, 03/30/2006 - 11:34
Credits:
[Donate]

I have two credit cards from citi bank that are in collection already, i check my credit report and there is just one acount listed and with a diferent amount a lot less than what i own, Did they forgot to put it in my credit report? can they outdated it?
thank you

They may have not reported it...yet....or theres just been a temporary mistake, like maybe its just fallen between the cracks. It will show up eventually, once someone realizes its not there and reports it. So it doesn't mean that it suddenly vanished or no longer exist, it just means that its probably fell between the cracks.
For now, its a good thing for you that its not on there, one less negative remark going against your score.

Submitted by imkimssister on Thu, 03/30/2006 - 12:29

imkimssister

( Posts: 1301 | Credits: )

Weird, I had the same thing happen with Citibank. I had a card (date of last activity was 1999) that went to collections. The collection account shows up on my equifax, but not the original credit card. I'm afraid that as soon as I deal with the CA to reconcile the debt, Citibank will realize their mistake and report my card as a charge off.

Can someone answer this, does a company still have 7 years to report negative credit from the date of last activity, or is there a statue of limitations similar to debt collection (4 years in CA)?

Submitted by vikingshelmut on Fri, 03/31/2006 - 13:05

vikingshelmut

( Posts: 17 | Credits: )

Negative accounts stay in credit report for 7 years from the date it went negative. Like, if you miss a payment today, it will be reported at late for 7 years from today's date.

Now as they have transferred the account to collection agency, your creditor will not report it as charged-off again because one account can be listed once only. Try to locate the date of reporting. What is the status of the account in your report?

Submitted by stella on Fri, 03/31/2006 - 16:09

stella

( Posts: 488 | Credits: )