Skip to main content
index page

Report dispute question

Submitted by deepisland on Tue, 04/04/2006 - 09:46
Credits:
[Donate]

Hello,

I am a new user here and I have a question. I have been paying off and disputing things on my report. I had 4 collection accounts from the same company. I disputed them because the collection beareau apparantly went out of business and I could not verify the accounts.

Equifax sent me a letter saying the accounts are now "paid in full" and they show a balance of $0 on my report.

I subscribed to truecredit and it shows these accounts are deraguatory, but paid. Are these to be removed are do they stay in the "collections" status. Also, do I have to dispute this with the other beareaus because Transunions shows the account as not paid?

Thank you for your help.

Thank you.

Submitted by on Wed, 04/05/2006 - 04:31

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

I got my disputes back from Equifax and them jerk offs from HSBC reported my hubby card as charge off when it is consolidation and reported charge off again in March. I disputed it with the explanation that the card is in consolidation and has had ontime payments. Equifax is leaving it as a charge off, and didn't not change the status. Can they do this?

Submitted by Not so Lucky on Wed, 04/05/2006 - 04:40

Not so Lucky

( Posts: 3041 | Credits: )

I disputed the same accounts with Transunion and they completely deleted them from the report.

Now on the Equifax investigative pages it has the option to say "this account was paid before collection". I believe that nobody can verify this account, that's why it was resolved in less than one day. Would it be advisable to dispute the Equifax again and see if it's compeltely deleted?

Submitted by on Wed, 04/05/2006 - 09:17

You can redispute your file with the bureau. I have used the following letter and it has worked. :D

TO:Consumer RelationsCredit Reporting AgencyAddressCity, State, Zip Code
Subject: Dispute of Credit Report

Please review the following inaccurate items listed on my (our) credit report.

In accordance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act, I understand you will check each item with the creditors listed and remove any item which cannot be verified.
I further understand you will reinvestigate and reply to my request within 30 days.

Sincerely,
SignatureName
SSN__________
Address

Submitted by kalevala316 on Wed, 04/05/2006 - 09:29

kalevala316

( Posts: 139 | Credits: )

Tammy, collect documentation from your counselor that HSBC has been accepting payment. Then attach the copies with your dispute letter. Also give an explanation in your own word as suggested by kalevala. Hope it will work this time.

Charged-off status might not be removed from your report, probably it will be updated as paid charged-off.

Submitted by stella on Wed, 04/05/2006 - 13:19

stella

( Posts: 488 | Credits: )

Why is it that Equifax reports a higher score for me than transunion. And who determines what your middle score is going to be.

Submitted by on Wed, 05/16/2007 - 19:52