Skip to main content
index page

Help me find out real DOL!!

Submitted by rox_hallums on Tue, 04/04/2006 - 11:51
Credits:
[Donate]

Hello,
Been looking around here a lot lately but I still have questions.
I had 2 cc opened in 97-98 both owned by retailers national bank, the last time I used these or made any payments was at the latest 2000. Those two are on my CR as charge offs with last activity dates as n/a/
Now, the same debts I'm assuming were bought by Asset Acceptance which are on my CR also and have an open date of 2003 and also last activity dates of n/a.
From my understanding, it's illegal for them to put the date of 2003 on there (Did they reage it?) and also, I think both of these accounts are now past SOL, if not, getting very close.
Do I send a validation letter to the original creditor or the CA or both? How do I find out the REAL dates of last activity so I can find out when it will be past the SOL?

ANy help would be a appreciated, thank you!!

Asset Acceptance
P.O. Box 2307
Warren MI 48090

They are junk buyers. What this will mean to you is:
1- you will need to send them a validation letter
2- do not agree to pay them anything or your SOL will start over
3- I believe that the account can not be reaged and they are not in compliance.

I brought up the SOL and sent them a validation letter and have not heard back from them. I am now awaiting the credit bureau response as well.

Good luck, keep us posted as to what happens

Submitted by kalevala316 on Tue, 04/04/2006 - 12:00

kalevala316

( Posts: 139 | Credits: )

So go ahead and send a validation letter to AA and the original creditor or just AA?
Now, if it is not past the SOL, will this start the ball on maybe taking me to court for a judgement?
I don't want to contact them if they've kind of "forgot" about me. Also, if I'm not past the SOL yet, can I make them change the dates on my CR reflecting the original open date so it won't look so recent?
Thanks for your response and help

Submitted by rox_hallums on Tue, 04/04/2006 - 12:14

rox_hallums

( Posts: 4 | Credits: )

Collection agency cannot change the date of last activity. You can dispute it with credit bureaus if you don't want to contact the CA.

Request for validation is sent to collection agency not the original creditor. Kalevala suggested contacting the original creditor to inquire about the DOL. You can also ask your creditor if they will accept payment from you or not.

Submitted by stella on Tue, 04/04/2006 - 13:40

stella

( Posts: 488 | Credits: )