Skip to main content
index page

Couple of Judgements on my credit report

Submitted by Kathryn on Thu, 04/06/2006 - 10:06
Credits:
[Donate]

I have a couple of judgements on my credit report. I have paid both but neither have that information on the listing. Also, the original creditors also have the accounts listed negatively. Can there be multiple listing for the same account? and Should I presue trying to get the fact that the judgements are paid off in the report? Thanks

Kathryn,

Once the judgment is paid, your credit report should reflect it as satisfied judgment. You can dispute it with credit bureaus.

Usually multiple entries for the same account is not correct and you can dispute it. But I'm not sure what happens when it is sent to court. Can you tell us the status of the account that is being reported by your creditor?

Submitted by stella on Thu, 04/06/2006 - 15:22

stella

( Posts: 488 | Credits: )

The judgment was paid in full in 2002. I actually paid it in full before the court date but didn't know I had to notify the court. So on the court date a judgment was granted against me. This debt is listed on my credit report by the original creditor, a collection agency, and the judgment all for one debt.

Submitted by Kathryn on Fri, 04/07/2006 - 06:41

Kathryn

( Posts: 96 | Credits: )

I did not go to the court date. I thought that since the debt was paid the court date would not happen. (How dumb do I sound for not checking). And yes I have a letter from the debtor showing the account has been paid in full. Who would I give the letter to? Do I contact the court or the credit bureau?

Submitted by Kathryn on Tue, 04/11/2006 - 11:49

Kathryn

( Posts: 96 | Credits: )

Yes, it could save lot of time and energy if you had gone to court. However, did you pay the amount to the original creditor or to the collection agency? It is their responsibility to update the record who received the payment.

If you dispute the judgment, probably it will get off b/c most of the time court cannot verify. So you can dispute the items with credit bureaus too. That is my understanding.

Submitted by stella on Tue, 04/11/2006 - 17:09

stella

( Posts: 488 | Credits: )

It also depends on what kind of account you had a judgment on. Also these judgments might be on the public record section of your credit report and those are no picnic to dispute, especially since you didn't go to the court date.

Back to what kind of account, if it was government money like tax liens or student loans, those kinds of judgments are there for life!

Submitted by Jedi Mistress Ari on Thu, 05/11/2006 - 10:10

Jedi Mistress Ari

( Posts: 2192 | Credits: )

I return a car after finding out car would cost more than blue book price to repair after paying over 2000 dollars
took to court and now i have ajudgement can I have thi removed or will i still have to pay

Submitted by on Thu, 05/22/2008 - 16:27

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )