Skip to main content
index page

Accounts included in Bankruptcy are still showing delinquent.what to do?

Submitted by cnagurganus on Wed, 04/19/2006 - 13:17
Credits:
[Donate]

I filed bankruptcy last year and I have several accounts that were included in the bankruptcy that are still showing as charge offs and delenquent on my credit report how do I take care of that????

Even though they were included in bankruptcy, they can still be reported for 7 years for the date of last activity. They cannot continue to report them after the debt was discharged in bankruptcy .. The best you can do is ask the CRA to note those accounts were included in the bankruptcy.

Submitted by LCW on Wed, 04/19/2006 - 20:30

LCW

( Posts: 1151 | Credits: )

That's what I wanted to say Clay. The status is incorrect and cnagurganus should dispute it.

BTW, Clay, do you have any idea, if creditor wins the judgment, how many entries are likely to be there on my report? In payment history, an entry is expected saying account xxxx was paid through judgment. And judgment also comes in the Public Record section, right?

Submitted by stella on Thu, 04/20/2006 - 15:25

stella

( Posts: 488 | Credits: )

Aside from contacting the reporting agency, you can contact the creditor directly and they can fix it. I had this problem with one of my cards I included in a bankruptcy. I just got my report for the first time last year (2 years after the discharge) and it showed a card as never being paid. I contacted the bank and they had record of the bankruptcy on my account, but somehow it fell through the cracks. They said it might take up to 2 months to fix it, but 2 weeks later it was fixed. Never hurts to call the creditor directly.

Submitted by Ehwin on Fri, 04/28/2006 - 12:20

Ehwin

( Posts: 139 | Credits: )

in 2001(florida) i filed bankruptcy my attorney said it would be on my credit report for 7 years. My 7 years will be up in 4 months will this automatically be removed from my credit report

Submitted by on Thu, 10/02/2008 - 07:07

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

The bankruptcy itself (ie the public record being reported by the BK court) will show for 10 years.

Creditor tradelines, whether or not included in a BK, will only show for 7 years. And that is 7 years from Date of First Delinquency (DOFD). I would assume your accounts became delinquent at some point before you actually filed a BK. It should be 7 years from that date when your creditor tradelines will drop off.

To answer the question though, these accounts/records should come off automatically after the time is up. If not, dispute them.

Submitted by DebtCruncher on Thu, 10/02/2008 - 13:26

DebtCruncher

( Posts: 2293 | Credits: )