Skip to main content
index page

What can I do if CACH LLC attorneys threaten to file lawsuit?

Submitted by on Thu, 04/20/2006 - 08:47
Credits:
[Donate]

I had Bank of America credit card, goofed it up, entered into agreement with DelRay credit counseling, had it under control a few months, lost job, fell out of repayment program ...Apparently, BofA sold loan to CACH,LLC...jacked to amount from 4600 to 8500 and now have attorneys, Daniels & Norreli, P.C., threatening me with lawsuit filing if I don't pay the full amount. They won't even begin a discussion about monthly payments.

Del Ray says they can re-up my program and send proposal to Daniels & Norreli to enter into a payment program but I don't know if I'll now be paying for twice the amount of the loan as before or if Daniels and Norreli decline the proposal, than, what? Am I off to court to be ordered to pay the full amount plus, more attorney fees? The rep from the attorney's firm said if the press for judgement, I'll end up with a $13,000 tab.

I'm trying everything I can think of to only pay the original loan and not the jacked up fees. I want to repay the loan but can only afford so much.

In a real bad place here and just don't know what to do or who to trust.
I can hardly breath.

Sound advice and help would be greatly appreciated!

stormjunkbag

Hi, welcome to the forums! Chances are if your consolidation company can restart your account from where you left off, then Daniels & Norelli will accept the proposal.

Daniels & Norelli is a collection office, owned by an attorney. All they do is collections, so working to get a better deal is always an option.

Speak with your counselor at your consolidation company, and let them do the work. That is what you hired them for. Also, send out a cease & desist letter to Daniels & Norelli, telling them you are working with a consolidation company. Give them the name of your counselor, phone number, and address.

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Daniels & Norelli
900 Merchants Concourse Ste 400
Westbury, NY 11590
800-332-3306

Regards-
Mike

Submitted by Teleport on Thu, 04/20/2006 - 08:54

Teleport

( Posts: 1388 | Credits: )

Hey Guys, Daniels and Norelli ARE attorneys, but they are known as some of the most ruthless CONMEN in the business. It is against the law for them to threaten you. Seek an attorney in your area immediately!!!! If they have truly threatened you, call the police.

Submitted by on Tue, 06/27/2006 - 06:59

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

stormjunkbag,

Make sure that they are legally charges you these outrageous attorney fees. Most states regulate whether or not they can add attorney fees, and how much they can charge. If you google Riddle and Associates you will find that they got dinged by the AG in more than one state for charges attorney fees that were not permitted in that state. I actually had an account go to them, and after I read that on the website, I recieved a letter from them dropping the attorney fees (I am sure it is because they had to by law).

Submitted by on Wed, 06/28/2006 - 20:20

i has a mastercard with hsbc and a few hours ago they call me threating me with a law suit filing if i dont pay i relocated to nevada now i dont have a job what can i do the person contacted me sherry or daniels & norelli own my card all i owe is 337.10 what can i do

Submitted by on Wed, 07/12/2006 - 11:56

What can I do to regain my CD that Daniels & Norelli has put a lien on. Please help!!!

Submitted by on Tue, 08/01/2006 - 06:27

Hi,

I just became of victim of Daniels and Norelli. It all started about a week ago. This goon from Daniels and Norelli calls and in a friendly way, asks for my husband. I told him that he wasn????????t in and I can take a message. He gives me his name and he says that he is a friend of my husband and that he knows what this is regarding. He gives me his number and says he????????s looking forward to hearing from him. I asked my husband, but he didn????????t know who this guy was so he never returned his call. This guy calls about 6 more time after that, leaving messages and acts as if he is my husband best friend. This morning this jack ass calls and starts off nice, but then goes into the threats of suing and putting a lien on my house. When I explained our temporary hardship he pretends to be concerned but in his obvious ???????don????????t care??????? tone, he tells me that if we don????????t pay the $3,500 of the $2,000 loan they will be forced to send our account to a law firm in our state where they will proceed with the law suit and that we will have to endure all the attorney and court fees. When we got to the end of the call, I simply said, thanks for the good news, and he literally starts yelling at me saying, ???????Don????????t you put this debt on me???????. I heard enough and I hung up quickly. I called the original loan company GE Money Bank, which then tells me they sold our account to a third party, Arrowhead Financial and they gave me that number. When I called Arrow Financial they told me they sold it to Collect America. When I called Collect America, they gave me the number to Daniels and Norelli. I noticed that each of the operators were getting ruder and ruder with every call. So, if anyone has any advice or can give me information on if they can actually sue, I would like to know.

Submitted by on Thu, 01/17/2008 - 11:37

Record the call next time, if legal in your state. I counted at least three, maybe four violations of the fdcpa in your description. Write all this down and keep a log at least. Put the time (and date) of the call, who it was from, the phone number, and a concise description of what was said (ie., threats, abuse, etc). I would sue them.

Submitted by Law Student on Thu, 01/17/2008 - 18:34

Law Student

( Posts: 1182 | Credits: )

they threatened to send someone over the break my legs!!!

Submitted by on Sat, 01/19/2008 - 21:21

we had a bank of america credit card we were in a hardship time so i sign us up in a deibt settlement.had call boa and asked them to close are account and let us keep making payment to them in a week time they were call calling for my husband he was not here so they being threaten me going to take me to court i had all ready sign up with the ded settement thing but i stratrd sending them 100.00 dollar a month and then i was told to stop sending them payment and now he is been summons they had not once spoke to him they always talk to me and he was the card holder some of them would talk to me but other said they cant talk to me because i not the card holder.what do you do we are still in the settlement thing

Submitted by on Sat, 08/16/2008 - 06:09

We are getting phone calls and now a letter from Daniels and Norelli saying we owe over $3600. Problem is we have never heard of Cach,LLC and Providian Bank. Where do we start, there is no debt I'm aware of. :( :(

Submitted by on Sat, 09/13/2008 - 21:04

I just got a letter from these guys, and get this. I was in high school when I was adopted by my step dad. Well this letter from daniels and norreli is sent to my old name, which I haven't used for five years. Not only that but I have never heard of this lone or the account number they gave me or anything else to do with this

Submitted by on Sun, 09/21/2008 - 08:35

Daniels and Norelli have had my account on lien for over 5months. They never sent a single letter or called. We had a car repossessed and owed Capital One money. Now they are giving us hell to get the account unfrozen. I had to move and live with a friend because I have no money at all. My bankruptcy lawyers are now suing the bank for violating NY Law. How long will this take?!

Submitted by on Mon, 01/19/2009 - 06:25

Daniels and Norelli have had my account on lien for over 5months. They never sent a single letter or called. We had a car repossessed and owed Capital One money. Now they are giving us hell to get the account unfrozen. I had to move and live with a friend because I have no money at all. My bankruptcy lawyers are now suing the bank for violating NY Law. How long will this take?!

Submitted by on Mon, 01/19/2009 - 06:26

don't know,but know this.the bank and this CA will pay.it will take time.

Submitted by paulmergel on Mon, 01/19/2009 - 06:31

paulmergel

( Posts: 15514 | Credits: )

I have been harassed by these people time and time again. They say I owe 3000 to a company that i have never heard of. When I ask them to send me something in writing they asked for my address... I told them, if this debt was really mine you would have my address and then hung up... However, these people keep calling.AAAAAH it's so frustrating!

Submitted by on Thu, 04/16/2009 - 07:56

Hi,

File a complaint with the FTC, the FCC, and your State Attorney General's office.

It is likely a scam. They MUST send you a letter within 5 days of first contact if they are legally collecting on a valid debt.

Unfortunately, you may have to change your phone number because once they talk to you, they are not likely to stop.

Submitted by Chrys Henderson on Fri, 04/17/2009 - 05:14

Chrys Henderson

( Posts: 2538 | Credits: )

I seen an inquiry on myl report so i called. They said they sent some letters to an address i had 9 years ago so the bill has to be that old. I gave them my new one and asked they send me something showing this. They said once i give my bank account information or credit card to set payment knocked the amount 200 from what they said i owe they would mail me the paper . I said i would call back with the information. Shouldn't they have to send me proof first?

Submitted by on Tue, 01/19/2010 - 12:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous
I seen an inquiry on myl report so i called. They said they sent some letters to an address i had 9 years ago so the bill has to be that old. I gave them my new one and asked they send me something showing this. They said once i give my bank account information or credit card to set payment knocked the amount 200 from what they said i owe they would mail me the paper . I said i would call back with the information. Shouldn't they have to send me proof first?

that is the sign of a scam.never give anyplace sensitive info like a bank account or cc number without something in writing first.so yes demand something in writing before agreeing to or payng anything.this supposed debt might not even exist.make them prove it before you pay it.

Submitted by paulmergel on Tue, 01/19/2010 - 12:46

paulmergel

( Posts: 15514 | Credits: )

My bank just sent me a letter stating that this CACH,LLC is requesting information about my account. My bank also sent me the letter CACH, LLC sent them. The front of it has an INDEX NO., a heading on the left side stating that it's from the Civil Court of State of NY. It doesn't have the signature of a judge or any other information. What really gets me is that #1. I've never heard from these people and I don't know who they are. #2. If they went to court on a debt that " unquote" have how come I wasn't notified. I never received any mails nor phone calls from these individuals. I don't despute the fact that I owe a balance but not the balance these people are saying that I owe. I called their office and asked the same questions. Some lady there stated that "alright... you want to play games" so I said..."maam I don't have a clue of who you are. no one from this business has ever called me, sent me letters nor has had any contact with me". She went on to say " that yes they have. That she herself has spoken to me over a thousand times, and they had entered a judgement against me. Furthermore; how dare I say that they've never sent me a letter when they have multiple copies of letters that they have sent over the course of 3 years and some were sent requesting signiture on arrival". My answer to her was "maam in front of God I only have a few things to say to you. #1 You have never spoken to me in your life before today July 28, 2010. #2 Lady is you had contact me we would not be having this conversation right now. #3 You just stated that you have receipt of mail signitures....my signiture stating that I had received prior information in reference to this matter from this business. Well, the same way you went before a judge and lied I'm going to print out my phone records for the past 4 yrs and I will take it to court and I will also ask the judge and his co-workers, and their co-workers to verify the signitures on those letters. It surprises me that as a lawyer or paralegal or whatever roll you play there at the office you don't know that those acts are considered felonies in NYC, and I will take this all the way." all I heard was uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh your call has been disconnected please hang up and dial the number you wish to call again. She hung up on me. But I'm going to their office on Friday and I'm calling the cops. AND IF ANY ONE THAT WORKS THERE IS READING THIS TELL YOUR FRIENDS NOT EVERYONE WHO LIVES IN NYC IS IGNORANT TO THE LAWS.

Submitted by on Wed, 07/28/2010 - 14:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous
I have been harassed by these people time and time again. They say I owe 3000 to a company that i have never heard of. When I ask them to send me something in writing they asked for my address... I told them, if this debt was really mine you would have my address and then hung up... However, these people keep calling.AAAAAH it's so frustrating!

That was the same thing that happened to my wife. Her bank account was also frozen and garnished. They only took $85 because that is all she had in her account. It was from a repossesed car that she co-signed for 10 years ago in ND. Palma Law Office would not give her the documents to prove she owed the money. They were very rude and told her she needed to pay NOW! She was never served with papers and had no knowledge of this until her bank account was frozen. She got an attorney to try to help but the attorney said she should just settle on the $2100 because it isn't much money (to her). We submitted a offer but they refused. We do not know what to do now and out attorney fees are going up.

Scott

Submitted by on Fri, 10/08/2010 - 14:08