Share post
member profile picture
Credits: 0
[Donate]

These are getting annoying...Any way to block them?

That would be nice wouldn't it! I don't want people to not be able to register and start posting at any time, but some sites have a delayed posting period after registration to prevent spammers from doing such. I've only seen this the last few days but I may have missed it before that.

Sub: #1 posted on Sun, 04/23/2006 - 10:39

set4sail set4sail

(Posts: 412 | Credits: )

It's been real bad these last few days..I log in and it says there have been 50 new posts and 48 of them are spammers.

Sub: #2 posted on Sun, 04/23/2006 - 10:40

Jessi Jessi

(Posts: 3361 | Credits: )

I had 30 posts this morning when I logged in and only 4 were not ads. This is getting irritating. Can the mods do anything about this?

Sub: #3 posted on Sun, 04/23/2006 - 11:11

Not so Lucky Not so Lucky

(Posts: 3041 | Credits: )

I've noticed it periodically over the past month or so, but this is the worst I've ever seen. Under the list of recent topics, this thread is the only one that's real. This is really ridiculous.

Sub: #4 posted on Sun, 04/23/2006 - 11:46

finsfan13 finsfan13
Moderators
(Posts: 6919 | Credits: )

Michelle,

When I logged in it showed 70 posts since I last visited. About 10 were actual threads.

There are probably so many IP addresses involved, and then as soon as one is blocked the spammers start from another. I've wondered if there was a PDL or CA that has gotten peeved at the site, and is doing this on purpose. jmo

Sub: #5 posted on Sun, 04/23/2006 - 12:04

set4sail set4sail

(Posts: 412 | Credits: )

AS I stated in my response to a a thread a few days ago http://www.debtconsolidationcare.com/forums/about9216.htm l
Mods can only delete or edits posts on their forms they are listed as moderator on.

For example I am a moderator on Dealing with Collections Agencies and Bankruptcy, Most of the spam is being placed in Consolidation and Settlement and in the pub. I cannot edit or delete on those two forums. Usually when I find spam on a forum I don't have ability to moderate, I send Vikas and email with a link.

WE had a big problem with this last fall and they installed a spam filter which took care of most the problem for a while, but they apparently have a new way to get around it.

Sub: #6 posted on Sun, 04/23/2006 - 15:21

LCW LCW
Moderators
(Posts: 1151 | Credits: )

Hi Clay,

As you requested, you can now the moderate the forums "debt consolidation and settlement" as well as the "Pub" section.

The spammers are getting new ways to enter the system. We are trying every bit to put a stop on them through our database. We are sorry for this inconvenience and we thank you for your co-operation.

Regards
Mike

Sub: #7 posted on Mon, 04/24/2006 - 10:24

Mike Mike

(Posts: 1317 | Credits: )

Wnat to hear of another dumb-fool thing I did! I stumbled across a link called "retail report card" where they give you a $1000 gift card to use to shop with while you rate the service and conditions of a particular store in your area. Before they finalize the registration, you have to select at least one of the participating offers, so I chose a free sample of TriClear because even at 26 my face still looks like a pizza. So I picked that, On April 10 no less, and to this day I am still awaiting both my gift card and my TriClear! And to top it all off, these charlatans are spamming the crap out of my e-mail and it's really pissing me off! I hate it when businesses lie! I e-mailed both these companies wondering when am I going to get what I signed up for. These people are such rip-off artists! They lie to you and kiss your butt, then they spam you and don't hold up their end! Trash!

Sub: #8 posted on Mon, 05/01/2006 - 16:29

Jedi Mistress Ari Jedi Mistress Ari

(Posts: 2192 | Credits: )

Oh Ari!! You also got victimized! Now, you will have to apply some spam filters in your inbox.

Sub: #9 posted on Mon, 05/01/2006 - 16:49

david david

(Posts: 1229 | Credits: )

Ari--Get a cleanser with Benzoyl Peroxide..It's the ONLY thing that helps me..I've inherited skin from hell. The junk with that Salysalic (or whatever) acid is worthless. It makes me WORSE.

Anyways...lol

Sub: #10 posted on Mon, 05/01/2006 - 16:53

Jessi Jessi

(Posts: 3361 | Credits: )

Attachment
More information
  • Files must be less than 500 MB.
  • Allowed file types: txt pdf jpg jpeg png.

Page loaded in 1.217 seconds.