Skip to main content
index page

Did You Know?

Submitted by Bossy4455 on Tue, 04/25/2006 - 11:38
Credits:
[Donate]

This may be posted in wrong forum but came across something I didn't know. It seem that alot of internet companies that you can order thing from,flowers for instance, now will offer to bill you later instead of paying with credit card right then. The only problem,a lady did just that and found out that when she got her bill, they had opened a credit card account in her name,for bill me now,or pay later,not sure exactly the name of the card. Also according to the news,this is perfectly legal!? So always be carefull when giving out any info over the internet or phone. Of course she had finance charges,etc., added to this account. Don't know if anyone else is interested in this,or maybe you already knew,but it was quite a shock to me!....Karen

The financial companies use different ways of making money. Not forcing you to pay while you have placed the order means that they are giving you some facility for which you will be charged later. It's better to pay the bills right on the spot so that you don't pay the extra charges later and have an account opened in your name. It's my way of taking things.

Submitted by john on Tue, 04/25/2006 - 12:01

john

( Posts: 1231 | Credits: )

I've seen that service offered, and it is usually (on the reputable sites I've seen it on at least) marketed that it would be a credit acct, not just a bill later.

It's confusing though, because I know that some catalog sales companies will offer a "bill me later" option, where they authorize your credit card to ship the order, then the charge is actually posted to the account at the later date. There should be some different terminology used.

Submitted by set4sail on Tue, 04/25/2006 - 12:28

set4sail

( Posts: 412 | Credits: )

That would give me the creeps. To issue a credit card account requires a valid signature at the bottom of a legal disclosure!

Anybody want a good laugh? The alarms at my grocery store kept going off around me, so the store manager had to go through my little backpack purse and take whatever she thought was setting off the alarms through the scanners! It turned out that my bottle of Stacker 3 was causing it! I buy all my exercise supplements from wholesalers on e-Bay who nevertake the security tages off! The customer traffic in the store today was so low that that little whoops drew everyone's attention!

Submitted by Jedi Mistress Ari on Fri, 05/12/2006 - 19:09

Jedi Mistress Ari

( Posts: 2192 | Credits: )

LOL at Ari :lol: Had that happen in a drugstore that was packed with people once. I practically had to disrobe before they found out somethin in my jacket caused it to go off,though they couln't find out what. Don't wear that jacket much anymore,was my face red,plus felt like a criminal trying to shoplift :lol: :oops: ...Karen

Submitted by Bossy4455 on Sat, 05/13/2006 - 10:36

Bossy4455

( Posts: 5854 | Credits: )