Skip to main content
index page

Chapter 13 and mortgage payment

Submitted by anncraf2002 on Sat, 04/29/2006 - 10:52
Credits:
[Donate]

If a mortgage holder is granted a relief from stay do I still have time to catch up the payments before they foreclose. I received a default notice and I had 14 days to catch payment up, and I did send them they have just not posted to my account yet. The payments had to be sent to the attorneys office. Im not sure what to do. I have called my attorneys office and they said they would contact them. I was behind for march and april and received the default notice on the 14th of april. If anybody has any knowledge of chapter 13s it would be greatly appreciated.

Hi anncraf2002

Chapter 13 is a very powerful tool for the ones who are behind in their car and house payments and have the continuous threats of repossession or foreclosure. By this method, you can stop the house from a possible foreclosure. This will also allow you to catch up with the missed payments.

You need to insist your attorney fast and contact the company to post your payment. You must be having the proof this payment done on a particular date. Use this record for future use.

Talk to your attorney and file for chapter 13 without any doubts if that is the only solution. You can avoid this if you have money to make the payments in the future.

Submitted by john on Sat, 04/29/2006 - 11:18

john

( Posts: 1231 | Credits: )