Skip to main content
index page

5/3rd Bank

Submitted by stac88 on Wed, 04/14/2010 - 06:02
Credits:
[Donate]

I was looking for a secured credit card, and was referred to 5/3rd bank. I went in yesterday, and had to open a savings account. He asked if I was in checksystems (I thought I was), but I said no. He entered the information, ran the report (it said CHECKSYSTEMS on the screen) and it came back that they could open the account. So, I opened it, and in addition, opened a checking account as well.

I went home to do more research on them and found a lot of negative comments, excessive fees, etc. I also saw they will run an EWS report and have been known to close accounts based on that. I think I'm in EWS...

Based on this, and the knowledge of the folks here..do you think my account will stay open, or should I go in today (like I planned to based on the reviews I saw) and close the account before they do. While I still want a secured credit card, I would rather use the money for savings account to pay off old bills.

Thoughts?

If you are reported to both Chexsystem and EWS then in all likelihood the bank would close your account. It can cause further damage to your reputation. Hence, it might be a good idea to close your account voluntarily before the bank does it.

Submitted by on Mon, 05/03/2010 - 02:42

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

They will not close it based on chexsystems (they already approved after seeing that) but the loss prevention dept will run EWS and if you have been reported they will close it. Those wishing to obtain consumer report information from EWS should contact their Consumer Call Center at 800-325-7775.

Submitted by Mary Adkins Matthews on Tue, 05/04/2010 - 05:42

Mary Adkins Matthews

( Posts: 755 | Credits: )