Skip to main content
index page

personal check

Submitted by on Thu, 02/11/2010 - 11:38
Credits:
[Donate]

I currently have no form of a picture id (lost my drivers license) except for my university id (Im a college student). Will the bank take that along with a social security card or something like that?

I gave a personal check to John Doe as payment. He took the check to a small grocery store. They took the check and did an automatic withdrawal from my account. Now my bank statement says I paid the grocery and I only have my check stub to prove to the IRS that I paid labor. Was it legal for the grocery to do an automatic debit using a check that I wrote to someone else?

Submitted by on Thu, 02/25/2010 - 13:05

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

My boyfriend got his disability check in the mail
but he was arrested before it was cashed. He asked me if i can put it in an account so that when he gets out it will be waiting for him is that possible

Submitted by on Mon, 03/22/2010 - 19:25

If you do not have an ID in the US, then either you are an idiot or an illegal. If you are an idiot, go seek help and put on a helmet. If you are an illegal, get the hell out of the US!

For those of you who are trying to cash personal checks without a bank account, go find a bank that will allow you to open up a FREE checking account. If you have something to hide or owe money and are trying to avoid paying, then people shouldn't be helping you.

Submitted by on Sat, 04/03/2010 - 08:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous
i am a teenager with no account. What kind of information will the check cashing places ask for?

What you will most likely need is two forms of legal ID (drivers license or an ID card from the local DMV AND social security card or birth certificate) You will also need a way to prove your current address. This can only be done through a billing statement of some kind, or have your mom or dad go with you so that they can show you are their dependent and they can show proof of where they reside. Go and get yourself educated on how to manage your money and stick to that plan so you do not end up in debt like a few of these people.

Submitted by on Sat, 04/03/2010 - 08:24

Quote:

My boyfriend got his disability check in the mail
but he was arrested before it was cashed. He asked me if i can put it in an account so that when he gets out it will be waiting for him is that possible

Without an endorsement, it cannot be cashed in anyone elses account.

Submitted by SOAPLADY on Sat, 04/03/2010 - 08:26

SOAPLADY

( Posts: 17315 | Credits: )

Can you put on the back: Pay to the order of .... and sign it over to someone else?
Yes, you can they won't look into who the check is written out to they will pay attention to who is cashing it and since you signed it over to that person it is now their check and the bank couldn't take the money because you owed it.

Submitted by on Sun, 09/05/2010 - 01:39

Quote:

I currently have no form of a picture id (lost my drivers license) except for my university id (Im a college student). Will the bank take that along with a social security card or something like that?

You need to have a legal photo id proof. I think the college ID proof will do if your college is a Government one.

Submitted by on Wed, 10/27/2010 - 10:24