Skip to main content
index page

Joint tenants that are unmarried can we file 2-gether chap 7

Submitted by forumfind on Thu, 06/29/2006 - 13:50
[Donate]

me agin i forgot to ask ? since i and roomate are joint on our home/property and joint on credit cards and home depot cards can we file for bk as joint even though we are not married and total household income is 1600.00 SSI AND SS and also our home is listed forsale at 169.000 and the property taxes paper says assess. value on land is 27k and 7k on the mobile which is a 1963. we have it listed at 169.00 because of all the home improvements. well my thought is chap 7 would be great cause we fall under the bk homestead and still have a pymt plan to make or have to sell our assets which is only the home/land no car no jewerly only 1600.00 month income combind but NOTE WE ARE NOT MARRIED JUST JOINT TENTANTS any advise please we are calif resd.

Anyone of you or both can file for bankruptcy together. If you both owe the debt jointly and if anyone files for bankruptcy, creditors may put pressures on the non-filing person even though the debt has been discharged by the person who filed. The bankruptcy court filing fee is the same for individual as well as for filing done jointly

Submitted by anthony on Thu, 06/29/2006 - 14:15

anthony

( Posts: 456 | Credits: )