Skip to main content
index page

I need some serious help

Submitted by AmandaB on Wed, 10/04/2006 - 10:18
Credits:
[Donate]

Hi all-

i have posted several things about my situation and i need some help still. I have over 15 PDL's and have defaulted on all of them. I seem to be just sliding by on money, i barely have any left over for gas and things of that nature. I am in a bind on whether i should file banruptcy ( i have already gone and talked to a lawyer) or if i should try debt settlement. I tried working with T and C and they didn't help me at all, i sent them the 155 fee and 2 payments and still had creditors and PDL's calling. I have had threating calls, threating emails, and etc etc. I need to have someone explain to me, the ohio laws, i have the information about them, but i don't understand any of it and i need to know what actions to take. I have a limited income, plus other bills to pay. Please someone help me and guide me in the right direction. I would like someone to talk to about my situation in person, but everyone is either a lawyer, whom wants the money or a credit consouling company whom doesnt deal with PDL's. Please help me get my self out of this hole i have dug!!!!!!
Amanda B

Which debt management program did you sign with T&C? If you have enrolled in the program for debt consolidation, the accounts will be brought current after you send them money.

T&C has taken a couple of payments from you, which should go to your account by now. Ask them if they haven't posted it towards your accounts? You shouldn't be getting any calls from your creditors if T&C has contacted them and if it's a debt consolidation program. This type of situation arises in a debt settlement program in which the accounts remain in default. The counselor negotiates with the creditors until the proposal is accepted. The calls are done by the creditors during this time. Call T&C and get the update of your file.

Submitted by GunsNroses on Wed, 10/04/2006 - 11:05

GunsNroses

( Posts: 485 | Credits: )

ok i will. I was told that i wouldn't be getting any phone calls once i signed on with them and that i would be getting a payment booklet and other things and never got from them. I even tried calling multiple time and they never returned my phone calls. i just feel like i have paid them money and nothing has happend.

Submitted by AmandaB on Wed, 10/04/2006 - 11:19

AmandaB

( Posts: 120 | Credits: )

I have heard that T&C is very busy because of their growing business over the past few months. They are taking new customers at one side and delaying negotiations with companies on behalf of their existing customers. Do some phone tags until you finally hear from someone. You have paid them the service fee so it is their responsibility now to deal with your creditors. Talk to them confidently.

Submitted by GunsNroses on Wed, 10/04/2006 - 11:29

GunsNroses

( Posts: 485 | Credits: )

Amanda, also file a complaint with the OH Ag's office, you can do this online. They will also forward the complaint to the Dept. of Commerce/Division of Financial Institutions. The AG's office will make contact with the pdls, I have had luck with some of them marking my accounts paid in full, and the other's settled with what I legally owe on the principal balance after paying all of the illegal interest/roll over fees.

Submitted by WHEREAMI? on Wed, 10/04/2006 - 13:57

WHEREAMI?

( Posts: 5263 | Credits: )

Amanda,
Here's some info:
Quote:

Ohio State Information

Legal Status: Legal (Applies to check cashers only)

Citation:
Ohio Rev. Code Ann. ???????? 1315.35 et seq.

Loan Terms:
Maximum Loan Amount: $800
Loan Term: Max: 6 months
Maximum Finance Rate and Fees: $10/$100 + 5% per month
Finance Charge for 14-day $100 loan: $15
apr for 14-day $100 loan: 390%

Debt Limits:
Maximum Number of Outstanding Loans at One Time: One
Rollovers Permitted: None (cannot refinance)
Cooling-off Period:
Repayment Plan:

Collection Limits:
Collection Fees: Bank charges (if disclosed); $20 collection charge; Court Costs; damages
Criminal Action: Not Specified

Where to Complain, Get Information:
Regulator: Ohio Division of Financial Institutions
Address: 77 South High Street, 21st Floor Columbus, OH 43215
Phone: (614) 728-8400

Submitted by erzeke1 on Thu, 10/05/2006 - 09:24

erzeke1

( Posts: 1145 | Credits: )

This is the link to the website of Ohio Division of Financial Institutions. http://www.com.state.oh.us/dfi/ Post your complaints against the PDL lenders for their threatening phone calls and emails sent to you. All lenders are subjected to follow the OH laws while loans are given to consumers. Check them whether they are licensed in your state.

Submitted by keystrokes on Thu, 10/05/2006 - 10:03

keystrokes

( Posts: 495 | Credits: )

Ok thanks for the help, i just don't really understand what the ohio laws mean, i have about 15 loans out, but it says the max i can have at one time is 1, so which ones are legal, and which ones are illegal. I am still a little confused on what to do. Also a woman from West bury ventures named Sharon emailed me today and had said in the email which i will provide below that she would not validate my debt until i arranged a payment plan, please help me out in this matter, bc i thought they legally had to validate debt in writing????

Quote:

Ms. B

You will have to setup payments in order to receive something in writing. This is NOT a billing agency; you owe a debt so unless you provide dates to pay then further action will persist. Your account balances for both cases have been sent to your mailing address already. If no arrangement is set in place after today I????????m afraid there will be nothing I can do to prevent further action.

Sharon Williams
Account Manager/Reconciliation Consultant
Westbury Ventures/Broadmore Ventures
PD6 Ventures/Express Cash
Phone: 1-800-859-6439 ext. 365
Fax: 1-866-323-6555
swilliams(at)dmsmktg.com

All payments MUST be wired via MoneyGram!

Submitted by AmandaB on Thu, 10/05/2006 - 10:05

AmandaB

( Posts: 120 | Credits: )

Amanda

Tell Sharon that you have the rights to get the break down of the total balance. If you search deeper on the lending companies, you will realize that most of them are not licensed in your state. It's not that important to consider at this point how many outstanding loans you should have at this time from the company. Make sure that the lenders are charging that your state allows. The interest and fees are given above, so ask Sharon of PD6 Ventures to follow the laws of your state and give you the break down. Don't be scared of them. Read the links given below. You will know others who are dealing with them and get informed.

http://www.debtconsolidationcare.com/forums/about8161.html

http://www.debtconsolidationcare.com/collection-agencies/pd-ventures.html

Submitted by keystrokes on Thu, 10/05/2006 - 10:15

keystrokes

( Posts: 495 | Credits: )