Skip to main content
index page

bankruptcy and foreign assets

Submitted by chet on Tue, 10/17/2006 - 20:59
Credits:
[Donate]

what impact might bankruptcy have on foreign assets. my wife’s family owns a business in a dif country under my wife’s name. will that be susceptible to the bankruptcy do we have to claim that as an asset even though its in a different country?

Hi Chet! You should talk with a bankruptcy attorney for legal advice. I assume there must be a wide gap on this in case of people with oversees assets. The laws are different in every country so there may be a typical situation for a person in this country having assets in other country that has different laws. If the common laws are taken, liquidation may be the final outcome.

Submitted by Justme on Wed, 10/18/2006 - 14:13

Justme

( Posts: 479 | Credits: )

im not looking for such a vague answer it is assumed that i will need an attorney on this anyway. i was hopping someone that has experience in this sort of thing would have answered and hopping so yet.

the foreign country is Philippines

i appreciate the attempted help... but please if some is to reply i appreciate more then a vague answer if possible

thanks!!!

Submitted by chet on Thu, 10/19/2006 - 19:37

chet

( Posts: 3 | Credits: )

Quote:

Chet, appreciate if someone reads your post and puts a reply to it. Justme was kind enough to read your post and put her opinions. Don't sing your own song only, being so ungrateful.

it really disappoints me and tells me the unwillingness of others here to hear such a lame excuse as this... just for the fact someone read my post i should be happy...lol thats so lame. So what u are saying is if I read anyone????????s post here tell them whatever they should be happy? Then u should be happy I responded to ur dumb ass response as well??????? as justme should be I did hers??????? and u not being logged in tells me what a coward u are???????

this is obviously no place for someone such as myself with a superior intelligence than those that are here??????? I can not waist my valuable time any longer on this forum???????

Submitted by chet on Sat, 10/28/2006 - 21:56

chet

( Posts: 3 | Credits: )