Skip to main content
index page

I am looking at possible filing bankruptcy

Submitted by on Tue, 12/19/2006 - 13:48
Credits:
[Donate]

i am recently divorced and the separation and moving back to california from missouri through me for a loop in makin my payments to my credit cards, plus i have some things on my credit report from before i got married. i would really like to get all these things taken care of, so i can start over with a clean slate. the two credit cards that i have or had better yet are now in collections at two different law offices, and i have some bad checks written. i dont know what is right for me, i am looking at possible filing bankruptcy.....any help would be greatly appreciated.

hello Jeep -

Welcome to the forums! Since you have registered, a debt counselor will be contacting you within a few days to discuss your situation.

Please consider things carefully before filing for bankruptcy. There may be a chance you can work this out without taking that step. Bankruptcy is no longer quick, easy or cheap. You must go through a counseling session prior to filing (and another prior to discharge of your case), submit to a financial means test to see which Chapter you qualify for (you don't get to choose - you qualify for it or you don't), and there is a LOT of paperwork involved. It is also very expensive to file, though you are allowed a payment plan on some filings.

This is a drastic step that alters your life completely. Please speak with a debt counselor prior to jumping into bankruptcy.

Submitted by SUEBEEHONEY70 on Tue, 12/19/2006 - 14:27

SUEBEEHONEY70

( Posts: 4583 | Credits: )