Skip to main content
index page

All creditors discharged in bankruptcy

Submitted by on Tue, 12/26/2006 - 15:36
Credits:
[Donate]

I file bank ruptcy in may 22, 2002. And was dicharge of all creditor how can I remove this from my files.

Bankruptcy cannot be taken off from the credit report before 10 years.

It is a scar showing you were unable to pay your creditors, hence took the bankruptcy route. The future lenders come to know about the financial situation before making decisions that might turn out to be risky.

Submitted by Bony on Tue, 12/26/2006 - 15:39

Bony

( Posts: 287 | Credits: )

If you filed BK on a creditor, and it was discharged, they can report that fact to the credit bureaus. There would be a special comment showing "Discharged through Chapter XX Bankruptcy."

When reporting an account that was included in a BK, they are not allowed to show the current balance or amount they charged off, but they CAN report that it was charged off, the original/high credit amount, terms, and when the account first became delinquent.

Bankruptcy discharge just means the creditor cannot collect anymore; it doesn't mean they have to erase it.

Submitted by DebtCruncher on Tue, 12/26/2006 - 16:48

DebtCruncher

( Posts: 2293 | Credits: )

Did you file Chapter 7? If so, then it cannot be removed from your record for ten years. Those creditors that were discharged appear on your credit report as being placed in bankruptcy but they are not removed from your record for ten years.

However, some of the ones that I filed in 2000 have been removed from my record due to the time period. However, some of them remain.

Submitted by Alexandra on Thu, 12/28/2006 - 14:15

Alexandra

( Posts: 544 | Credits: )