Skip to main content
index page

Question about court date for bankruptcy.

Submitted by jensgang on Wed, 02/14/2007 - 06:18
Credits:
[Donate]

Would anyone know what would happend if a couple files bankruptcy and one of them cannot make it to the court date?
I am asking because my husband is really sick right now and I don't know if he will make it and our court date it tomorrow morning.
Thank you for your help.

Sorry, I am new hear and just need some advice

I honestly believe your husband must be present, they have to swear both of you in and ask you questions under oath. Maybe he will feel better by tomorrow and like I mentiond it doesn't even last that long. If you used a lawyer, I would defiantly call and ask him what can be done. You don't want to take the chance of it being dismissed.

Submitted by PinkLady on Wed, 02/14/2007 - 07:43

PinkLady

( Posts: 1720 | Credits: )

Ok, I hope he will feel better but my son had it for 3 days and it was just as bad so I am trying to figure out what to do. I am just scared that something will go wrong now and my attorney is only off on Wednesdays and they don't open until 9 tomorrow and the court time is 8:30am. Thanks. I appreciate your help.

Submitted by jensgang on Wed, 02/14/2007 - 07:49

jensgang

( Posts: 4 | Credits: )

Is your attorney's office completely closed up, or are there still secretaries there? As a last case scenario, I would call the bankruptcy court or the trustee; they both should be listed on your case filing. One of them should be able to let you know how to proceed.

Definitely do not just go to court without him, without making other arrangements first. If this is the 321 meeting, it can get dismissed if all debtors do not show up. Like I said above, call the court or the trustee and ask what you can do.

Submitted by DebtCruncher on Wed, 02/14/2007 - 08:11

DebtCruncher

( Posts: 2293 | Credits: )