Skip to main content
index page

Desperate...Exhausted.....HELP

Submitted by on Sat, 02/24/2007 - 20:00
Credits:
[Donate]

Ok don't hold your breath but I'm going to make this as short as possible. 2 1/2 yrs ago our credit was in the low 800's. My husband is a contractor we had several loans with a local bank that after many yrs of banking with we got a new loan officer who apprantly had no clue what he was doing. His favorite line was "I'll take care of it" but he didn't after about 6 months of this we found out that we have many 120 day lates on our credit and we had to sell off everything we had including our personal home in which he did who knows what with the equity of it.(Forensic accountant has taken it over) We ended up moving in a house we borrowed 245,000 for to build but after he has screwed things over we owe 319,000 for and because of the credit issue we now have it at a 11.1% interest rate. The payments are killing us. At the time all this happened my husband was diagnosed with cancer, two surgries later and still receiving chemo every 2 months he has been unbelievable with his determination to try to pull us through. Though 7 days a week and 12-15 hrs a day is too much for him. I've gotten into real estate because we used to work together. But now because of our credit he can't build homes so he is installing for a local home improvemnt co. We do not have a certain amount of money coming in to cover everything. (He never has a set amt. coming in nor do I) So basically the outrageous house payment, that is 2 months behind, the truck payments that are both 2 months behind, credit cards, light bills, phone, medical, they just keep piling up. We can't seem to get ahead because of late fees, interst, shut off expenses, etc. We don't want to file bk if we can keep from it. But my question is debt consolidation, credit repair what exactly does this incur. How much does it cost, will it work if we don't get paid salary or hourly....I need great suggestions here, we are about to lose our home, our transportation we both need to work, and we have three children (17,16,& 7). Most of all, my husband can not keep trying to be a superhero, his health is not what it was 3 years ago. I'm afraid if I don't come up with a solution soon, that the stress is going to kill him, literally. I can't live without him. We live in TN if that makes a difference. Thank you in advance for all your help.