Skip to main content
index page

is this possible

Submitted by blinkyberry on Sat, 03/24/2007 - 14:40
Credits:
[Donate]

my sister has her daughters father on child support and he was behind on it. then he called her and told her that he filed for bankruptcy and that he had to put child support on it since he was behind on that to but since he told her he filed he has brought a new car, and got a house built. how can he do all this if he claimed that he filed bankruptcy and can you even put child support on it? i never heard of that.

I think she should contact her case worker because my husband is in the process of filing bankruptcy and child support cannot go on it....Unless its a chapter 13 and he has to pay back what the court orders but I am pretty sure that it is exempt from a bankruptcy..if you want i can ask my husbands lawyer on Monday

Submitted by Leah on Sat, 03/24/2007 - 14:42

Leah

( Posts: 2322 | Credits: )

He is just trying to get out of paying her the child support. My ex filed bankruptcy several years ago and tried to put the child support on there....WRONG! Even in our divorce decree, it states that it cannot be a part of a bankruptcy. Amazing how people try to get out of helping to take care of THEIR kids!!! Burns my butt over stuff like that!

Submitted by 2nband on Wed, 03/28/2007 - 13:40

2nband

( Posts: 2277 | Credits: )