Skip to main content
index page

Lawsuit against Peter Francis Geraci

Submitted by on Wed, 12/05/2007 - 19:29
Credits:
[Donate]

[samebox:969b2aa735="Vikas"]I received a letter from the Director of Operations at Law Offices of Peter Francis Geraci under penalty of perjury saying that the content posted here was false. Hence, I am removing the content as per policy posted at http://www.ourcommunitypower.com/vikas/how-to-respond-to-information-posted-about-you-or-your-company-on-ourcommunitypowercom-forums/[/samebox:969b2aa735]

[samebox:8214b7625d="Vikas"]I received a letter from the Director of Operations at Law Offices of Peter Francis Geraci under penalty of perjury saying that the content posted here was false. Hence, I am removing the content as per policy posted at http://www.ourcommunitypower.com/vikas/how-to-respond-to-information-posted-about-you-or-your-company-on-ourcommunitypowercom-forums/.[/samebox:8214b7625d]

[samebox:8214b7625d="Vikas"]I received a letter from the Director of Operations at Law Offices of Peter Francis Geraci under penalty of perjury saying that the content posted here was false. Hence, I am removing the content as per policy posted at http://www.ourcommunitypower.com/vikas/how-to-respond-to-information-posted-about-you-or-your-company-on-ourcommunitypowercom-forums/.[/samebox:8214b7625d]

Submitted by DebtCruncher on Thu, 12/06/2007 - 16:47

DebtCruncher

( Posts: 2293 | Credits: )

[samebox:995208f0a9="Vikas"]I received a letter from the Director of Operations at Law Offices of Peter Francis Geraci under penalty of perjury saying that the content posted here was false. Hence, I am removing the content as per policy posted at http://www.ourcommunitypower.com/vikas/how-to-respond-to-information-posted-about-you-or-your-company-on-ourcommunitypowercom-forums/.[/samebox:995208f0a9]

Submitted by on Thu, 03/27/2008 - 10:47

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

Dear Unhappy client of ******, I am so sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with ******'s office. My husband and I do not know how they stay in business. They were eager to take our money but when it came time to file they always needed more and more paperwork. Our Chapter 7 is finally discharged and we are going to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

[samebox:f81142cbcb="Vikas"]* Name removed on request as per policy posted at http://www.ourcommunitypower.com/vikas/how-to-respond-to-information-posted-about-you-or-your-company-on-ourcommunitypowercom-forums/. Email on file.[/samebox:f81142cbcb]

Submitted by on Mon, 04/14/2008 - 17:46

I'd heard of a legal malpractice case filed against him for not relaying a settlement offer to his clients. I think the attorney handling it was Barry Doyle who has an office in Chicago. Also the Illinois Attorney Registration and Disiplinary Commission regulates attorneys and you can find out how to file a complaint at their website.

Submitted by on Mon, 06/16/2008 - 20:02

File that complaint. I had to do that to an attorney that I had hired and gave $1,000.00 to and did noting for me. He got disbarred after myself and several other clients complained to the disciplinary committee because I wasn't his only victim and I actually got my $1,000.00 back believe it or not.

Submitted by ladybug on Mon, 06/16/2008 - 20:08

ladybug

( Posts: 2753 | Credits: )

[samebox:8806543656="Vikas"]I received a letter from the Director of Operations at Law Offices of Peter Francis Geraci under penalty of perjury saying that the content posted here was false. Hence, I am removing the content as per policy posted at http://www.ourcommunitypower.com/vikas/how-to-respond-to-information-posted-about-you-or-your-company-on-ourcommunitypowercom-forums/.[/samebox:8806543656]

Submitted by on Wed, 11/19/2008 - 16:35

They have been open since 1977 and have only 8 bad comments. Well then I think they are doing a pretty decent job. All firms from Chase to ***** ******* ****** have their bad cases they screw up and the others they do beautifully. Never is everyone ALWAYS happy with any firm, or person (believ it or not some people have it out for Obama). Additionally, they have never been sued I did my research on them.

[samebox:c82e7adcf0="Vikas"]* Name removed on request as per policy posted at http://www.ourcommunitypower.com/vikas/how-to-respond-to-information-posted-about-you-or-your-company-on-ourcommunitypowercom-forums/. Email on file.[/samebox:c82e7adcf0]

Submitted by on Sat, 01/10/2009 - 10:42

Thank you very much for all your comments. I was actually thingking about hiring his office for my case. After reading all these cases I have change my mind. At first I was not so sure becuase when I talked to them over the phone it sounded like they were eager to take my money only and that was something that really got me thinking about giving them my case.

Submitted by on Sun, 01/18/2009 - 11:09

[samebox:88c7083d9e="Vikas"]I received a letter from the Director of Operations at Law Offices of Peter Francis Geraci under penalty of perjury saying that the content posted here was false. Hence, I am removing the content as per policy posted at http://www.ourcommunitypower.com/vikas/how-to-respond-to-information-posted-about-you-or-your-company-on-ourcommunitypowercom-forums/.[/samebox:88c7083d9e]

Submitted by on Mon, 01/26/2009 - 23:41

Please reconsider using this firm. As people have stated, they are only interested in your cash!!! They refused to amend my plan, made several errors in calculating my pay and subsequent deductions AND refused to return my phone calls and email. I was forced to have my case dismissed. At one point, some paralegal told me to sell my house---the audacity!!!
I too, will be filing with the BBB!!!! They are crooks and should be ashamed of their conduct.

Submitted by on Wed, 03/11/2009 - 15:41

Ina, I appreciate your opinion, however, if you have not used their service you can not be aware of their business practices. I'm sure many people have had positive experiences, but I am not one of them. I think you don't see a lot of complaints because people are sick and tired of dealing with them and they are GLAD, overjoyed, and freaking HAPPY to be finished with this law firm.

Submitted by on Tue, 03/31/2009 - 14:23

My husband and I filed a chapter 13 with ***** ******* ****** in 1999. It was actually a very good experience. They were very good with returning our phone call and our case was filed without problems. We finished paying for it in two and a half years and our credit has been very good ever since. I am sorry that some of you experienced bad things but I would definitely return to him if I ever experienced credit problems again and I would most definitely recommend his services to my friends.

[samebox:bd801c8710="Vikas"]* Name removed on request as per policy posted at http://www.ourcommunitypower.com/vikas/how-to-respond-to-information-posted-about-you-or-your-company-on-ourcommunitypowercom-forums/. Email on file.[/samebox:bd801c8710]

Submitted by on Wed, 04/08/2009 - 08:14

I have not filed any papers with this firm, but I do want everyone to know that I called for a "Mini consult" and spoke with an EXTREMELY unpleasant woman by the name of ****** ****. If she is any indication of the quality of people who work there, DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR BUSINESS!! She was a rude, ignorant bitch on the phone and I truly hope they fire her. All I was looking for was some informatin regarding a possible Chapter 7 and she literally hung up on me! Way to go C##t.

[samebox:310dadbb71="Vikas"]* Name removed on request as per policy posted at http://www.ourcommunitypower.com/vikas/how-to-respond-to-information-posted-about-you-or-your-company-on-ourcommunitypowercom-forums/. Email on file.[/samebox:310dadbb71]

Submitted by on Tue, 04/14/2009 - 15:48

[samebox:fc9ea5d09f="Vikas"]I received a letter from the Director of Operations at Law Offices of Peter Francis Geraci under penalty of perjury saying that the content posted here was false. Hence, I am removing the content as per policy posted at http://www.ourcommunitypower.com/vikas/how-to-respond-to-information-posted-about-you-or-your-company-on-ourcommunitypowercom-forums/.[/samebox:fc9ea5d09f]

Submitted by on Sat, 04/18/2009 - 22:39

We know who some of you are, like Impeach247, who is Terry from Highland Indiana, who got a discharge of $150,000 in credit card debt, and "screwed by" who is Mike the tattoo parlor guy who told us his 1/2 interest in his tattoo parlor was worthless, and signed his bankruptcy petition under oath stating that, when he owed $90,000 in PAST DUE CHILD SUPPORT and $38,000 in loans he couldn't pay. Then he told his partner, who bought out his interest for $170,000 and he walked out with his child support paid, and no debt and $61,000 in his pocket.

We suppose that Terri and Michael would have rather stayed in debt, but Terri is totally debt free, and Michael is way better off having his child support paid and no debt and can start another tattoo parlor now. We did such a fabulous job for Michael that he should be praising us, instead of making false statements. He lied to us about his business value. He ended up actually paying his $90,000 in past due support before his ex had him jailed or sold his interest, paid only $13,485 to his other creditors, and GOT A CHECK FOR $61,686.88, which is more than enough to open another tattoo parlor. Claiming that you did not get a great deal is bizarre.

As far as "Debtcruncher" who is Mike somebody who works for a finance company and gets paid to post on this site so the owner of Debt Consolidation Care, Vikas Kedia can sell "leads" to bill consolidators and lawyers (lawyers are ethically prohibited from buying "leads" however), we would appreciate knowing his identity since he is hiding it. That way we could deal with him. It is not impossible to find out who is posting anonymously. So, if anyone wants to "sue", it is our law firm: once we find out who Debtmuncher is or if we see any more posts on this thread. The owner of this site, Vikas Kedia, claims that he cannot delete false information because it would "loose the safe harbor provision" of owning a site like this that allows malicious postings, and you can read more about this website and its activities on worldlawdirect.com. We do feel that website owners who know that postings are false and continue to post them are responsible for aiding and abetting the posters.

People who are in debt are usually there because of serious mistakes they have made, they are often mentally fragile, and depressed and in Michael's case, a bad divorce was haunting him. Our law firm represents those people with the utmost care, skill and integrity. A common feeling from realizing how bad there situation is shame, and posts like these seek to blame others for helping them, as if they did not need help and it is someone else's fault that they are now debt free and entitled to a fresh start. We feel that few other law firms handle complex problems of troubled people with such dedication and skill, and as anyone with any sense can tell, these posts are false.

Both Terry and Michael came out of bankruptcy with a discharge and a fresh start, and we did a great job for them. Some thanks. Any client of ours who needs extra help gets it promptly, and should have no reason to complain. If you have an issue, take it up with us personally. Don???t go on about how wronged you are after you got a great deal, now that your case is finished and you got out of debt. We have not been able yet to identify a couple other posters: we suspect they are bogus, or other bankruptcy attorneys who often do this sort of thing in their spare time, like Mike the Debtcruncher. Who do you think he is ???crunching??? to collect debts? Answer: YOU.

Submitted by on Wed, 05/13/2009 - 11:03

I think you came along way late to try to defend yourself. Here's the thing, I really don't know who you are. But this is a public forum where people come and ask for help. If you feel the need to attack a poster then your post will get deleted.

I doubt that you are anyone of any such profession because I true professional would have handled themselves a little more respectable then what you have done.

You have just broken me violations by identifying clients that you say you represent.

Submitted by sassy_lil_brandy on Wed, 05/13/2009 - 11:15

sassy_lil_brandy

( Posts: 479 | Credits: )

The following is a forward copy and paste of the email she sent.
What Mr ***** ********** (AKA truth & lies) failed to mention was that,

1) My business was worthless to anyone else but my partners and I. I spent 9 years of my life building it to what it was. Tons of physical labor that I never got paid for.

If you morons had read my Shareholders agreement you would have seen the part where Filing caused all of this and advised me NOT to file at all. This is what SEVERAL other bankruptcy attorneys told me. So they all must be liars Huh Scott.

you are supposed to be smart, and you ruined my life. I cant open another shop for 12 months Scott, you gonna pay my bills for 12 months asshole...you gonna fight with the village and build me a new shop you gonna build up the clientele like I had it...you gonna pay all the advertising to get it going? you greedy piece of shit....

2) Below you will see that that stupid ass bitch joann went off and left me high and dry to have her baby. SHE ADMITEDLY DID NOT DO HER JOB/ YOU DID NOT DO YOUR JOB/ **** DID NOT DO HER JOB/ ****** DID NOT DO HIS JOB.
Anyone in your Firm that had read the shareholders agreement would probably have realized that this would screw me over horribly and cause me to lose my family business to more scum bags like you.....Which proves you DIN"T READ THE PAPERS AT ALL...A standard shareholders agreement .....
ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS YOUR JOB READ THE F^&%ING PAPERS
BASE YOUR DECISION TO FILE ME ON THE FACTS......
DID YOU DO THAT ***** ********** or does your name fit your persona? Your company sure caused a bunch of shit in my life...

Any Other attorneys here want to comment Please do....

These are the questions I want answered that NO ONE at ******* office could ever answer, or would ever answer.

WHY was I not allowed to dismiss the Chapter seven and go back to debt consolidation after these Malpracticing morons screwed up.
Why were my partners allowed to file an Adversary, They are not creditors....
Why was I allowed to convert to Chapter 13 before all the debt was disclosed. The state failed to make accurate claims for over 20 years and all of a sudden I owed 90 gs...
I was literally forced by the courts to sell this business.
I DID NOT WANT TO SELL IT< AND ESPECIALLY NOT FOR WHAT THEY PAID. It was my life, my job, my sons inheritance.... and or my retirement.....

WHY now do you care only to try to make yourself look better.
yea I got money out of the deal, but no where near what it was worth to me in sweat equity.

In fact I offered to sell my shares to my partners several months earlier for $250,000.00 so That is what I want out of your ****** ...Scott the whole bunch of you...

And for the record Scott, I am speaking to a lawyer who specializes in MAL PRACTICE as we speak. I think he said he would go for a half a million just for pain and suffering....
And now that you have posted public records and figures and private information about my case on a public forum, I am sure that will look real good in court.

I would settle for the 80Gs.

Otherwise see ya in court.....

From: [EMAIL="joa@geracilaw.com"]joa@geracilaw.com[/EMAIL]
To: @
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 11:05:04 -0500
Subject: RE: Law Offices of Peter Francis Geraci

We wanted to see the results from your adversary hearing tomorrow before we jump into providing documents to the Trustee for confirmation and amending schedules. So, be patient here. I know you are anxious but it takes time. Also, you must mail documents to my Chicago office.

Do not blame me for your mistakes. I know it is partly my mistake for putting you in chapter 7 but it was solely because you failed to disclose the value of your business. Based on the information you disclosed at our 1st interview, I rightfully put you in chapter 7. What followed afterwards was no one else's but your own fault. A lot came to light at the meeting of the creditors so we have many issues that we were not aware of because you failed to tell us about them , i.e. vehicles paid by the corporation not you, business assets like flash arts.

Having said it, please mail the documents to us and when we need additional documents we will be in contact with you. We will do our best to get your case confirmed until then, please be patient.

[samebox:760c10a3c1="Vikas"]* Name removed on request as per policy posted at http://www.ourcommunitypower.com/vikas/how-to-respond-to-information-posted-about-you-or-your-company-on-ourcommunitypowercom-forums/. Email on file.[/samebox:760c10a3c1]

Submitted by on Fri, 05/15/2009 - 14:14