Share post
member profile picture
Posts: 1
Credits: 0

How would I go about getting the BK7 removed from my record. I understand it remains on my credit file for 10 years from the date of filing. That date has come (8/2008) and I don't know who to contact to get the record off. Please advise.


Might want to write a dispute letter to the consumer reporting companys, in writing, what information you think is inaccurate.Send your letter by certified mail, ???????return receipt requested,??????? so you can document what the consumer reporting company received. Keep copies of your dispute letter and enclosures.Consumer reporting companies must investigate the items in question????????usually within 30 days????????unless they consider your dispute frivolous. They also must forward all the relevant data you provide about the inaccuracy to the organization that provided the information. After the information provider receives notice of a dispute from the consumer reporting company, it must investigate, review the relevant information, and report the results back to the consumer reporting company. If the information provider finds the disputed information is inaccurate, it must notify all three nationwide consumer reporting companies so they can correct the information in your file.When the investigation is complete, the consumer reporting company must give you the results in writing and a free copy of your report if the dispute results in a change. This free report does not count as your annual free report. If an item is changed or deleted, the consumer reporting company cannot put the disputed information back in your file unless the information provider verifies that it is accurate and complete. The consumer reporting company also must send you written notice that includes the name, address, and phone number of the information provider.

If you ask, the consumer reporting company must send notices of any corrections to anyone who received your report in the past six months. You can have a corrected copy of your report sent to anyone who received a copy during the past two years for employment purposes.

If an investigation doesn????????t resolve your dispute with the consumer reporting company, you can ask that a statement of the dispute be included in your file and in future reports. You also can ask the consumer reporting company to provide your statement to anyone who received a copy of your report in the recent past. You can expect to pay a fee for this service.

Sub: #1 posted on Wed, 08/06/2008 - 16:26

mobile0311 mobile0311
(Posts: 1817 | Credits: )

More information
  • Files must be less than 500 MB.
  • Allowed file types: txt pdf jpg jpeg png.

Page loaded in 0.787 seconds.