Share post
Debt Consolidation Forums Bankruptcy Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 forums

Can I file a complaint against the US Trustee?

member profile picture
Posts: 1
Credits: 0

Can I file a complaint against the US trustee? How will it affect my bankruptcy case? Can he dismiss my case?

Ofcourse you can file a formal complaint against US trustee,. But you need a very strong, logical reason for that, specifically if there are violations of the bankruptcy code, discrimination, any criminal activity or unethical practices. Check that you are in an eligible state. The program does not cover cases in Alabama or North Carolina.

Sub: #1 posted on Wed, 07/04/2018 - 06:28

Barbara Delinsky Barbara Delinsky

(Posts: 429 | Credits: )

Find out if your case is overseen by the U.S. Trustee Program. Only Chapter 7,12, and 13 bankruptcy cases are eligible. Also check the USTP website and find out which region your case comes under. Contact your regional USPT office with your complaint. Make an inquiry to your local office of the United States trustee.

If the bankruptcy is harassing you, it's better to file a complaint. Don't think about the consequences.

Sub: #2 posted on Wed, 07/04/2018 - 20:58

ditchdebt ditchdebt

(Posts: 679 | Credits: )

What happened? Are you being harassed or ignored by your trustee? In that case, you can file a formal complaint against your trustee by contacting the U.S. Trustee Program field office in his region. browse U.S. Department of Justice website to get the details.

Sub: #3 posted on Fri, 07/06/2018 - 06:28

sanderspatricia29 sanderspatricia29

(Posts: 1118 | Credits: )

More information
  • Files must be less than 500 MB.
  • Allowed file types: txt pdf jpg jpeg png.

Page loaded in 0.702 seconds.