Share post
Debt Consolidation Forums Bankruptcy Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 forums

Broke, no property, considering bankruptcy for PDLs and CC debt

member profile picture
Posts: 10
Credits: 0

I am broke, have no assets other than a couple of computers that aren't fully functioning and a used car that I am still paying on.

I got sick, got behind in bills, utilized pay day loans to survive, and well, got behind in all bills, etc. to the point that I feel my only reprieve, aside from suddenly having like $10,000 to pay down my debt---which I would be so grateful for, but not likely to happen---is to file for bankruptcy.

Are there any non-profit organizations that can help with bankruptcy? Is it possible to do it by yourself if you can't afford a lawyer?

I hate the idea of filing for bankruptcy, but I feel like I have no other option---my creditors are not open to installment plans, and some of the bills tripled in some unscrupulous ways (a $18 credit card bill ballooned up to $200---all late fees!----but creditor won't do a reduction AND was very rude on the phone --- "Well you DO owe this!"). I'm tired of being harassed, etc. and my sanity is the only reason why I am considering bankruptcy in the first place.

Is there any help for people like me who need to file bankruptcy and have really no assets other than a good job, that due to my illness, I am always worried about losing. :(

Just checking in to see if anyone had any comments or suggestions.

Sub: #1 posted on Mon, 05/14/2012 - 11:36

Mdbbw33 Mdbbw33

(Posts: 10 | Credits: )

Sub: #2 posted on Mon, 05/14/2012 - 23:20

NathanielCopeland NathanielCopeland

(Posts: 272 | Credits: )

Just from experience. You can only file bankruptcy for a certain amount. Contact a bankruptcy lawyer that will give you a free consultation. Also check the forum for PDL's. Pay Day Loans. Some very excellent advice is being offered in here. I'm following some now. You just have to have patience and the will to get it done.

Hope this helps some...:)

Sub: #3 posted on Sun, 06/03/2012 - 09:20

hey63boo hey63boo

(Posts: 12 | Credits: )

You can file chapter 7 for any amount.

Find a paralegal filing service.....they usually charge about $200 to do the paperwork for you

Sub: #4 posted on Mon, 06/04/2012 - 15:22

Moderators Cum Industry Expert
(Posts: 17272 | Credits: )

More information
  • Files must be less than 500 MB.
  • Allowed file types: txt pdf jpg jpeg png.

Page loaded in 1.499 seconds.