Skip to main content
index page

I am wondering if you can provide me with the diff

Submitted by osu143socr on Sun, 04/03/2011 - 08:21
[Donate]

I am wondering if you can provide me with the differences between Chapter 7 bankruptcy debt rescinded, chapter 7 bankruptcy did not reaffirm debt, and chapter 7 bankruptcy discharged

[FONT=Verdana]Reaffirmation of the debt is the only way to remain liable for it that is otherwise discharged in a Chapter 7 bankruptcy. If you did not reaffirm your debt in Chapter 7, you won't be personally liable for paying anything to the lender/creditor.

[/FONT] Even if you had reaffirmed your debt, the bankruptcy law allows the debtor 60 days to change his/her mind. If you change your mind after reaffirmation, you will have to file a rescission of the reaffirmation agreement and you'll be able to get rid of it. This is known as chapter 7 bankruptcy debt rescinded.

[LEFT] A bankruptcy discharge, on the other hand, releases the debtor from any kind of personal liability for certain types of debts. Thus, the debtor is no longer legally required to pay any debts that are discharged by the bankruptcy court.[/LEFT]

Submitted by Anna Sweeting on Sun, 04/03/2011 - 20:47

Anna Sweeting

( Posts: 1827 | Credits: )