Skip to main content
index page

Process of BK for Dumbies like me =)

Submitted by on Wed, 04/14/2010 - 12:46
Credits:
[Donate]

Okay, I live in Ohio. I am working with a lawyer to file BK Chapter 7 hopefully. I will have the fees paid in the next week.
Does anyone know how to explain BK to me in the how to guide for Dummies? I am alittle slow in process and having a hard time figuring out what I will be going tho
My husband and I live in the state and got married in 08. He is filing on his stuff except house and ATV. He has about 35K unsecure and he makes last year 32k.
I have bills before we got married and during. around 32k plus a Car that is 19k. I am filing on unsecure and not the car. I made with 2 jobs and Unemployment 11k last year.
Now I am working with a lawyer but he isnt really telling me anything except get paperwork. IF someone could be kindly and maybe tell me what may happen?
I Know I have to fill out some kind of Means test and I have to take a credit course which I am working on excpet i have to wait for the payment to finish it.
I just afraid I may put down the wrong number and get audited or it may not work and I lose out 1300 i paid to the lawyer and still be in debt.
So How does it go?
credit course, means test, meeting with creditors and anything else? How long does it usually take to finish?
I read about Utilities...and I have copies but its true Eletric a month is like 300 and in the winter Gas is usally 300 just to keep a house warm (which I have too cause I have animals and I dont want them to freeze.)
IF I dont quilify for 7, how much worse is chapter 13? Cause with him making close to our state medium..its 52k and when the lawyer did it we were like 50k
Can they take away your animals? I am not going to say how many I have but just feeding and vet bills...well food a month is like 100 maybe less but it varies
I have no assetts except a tv. We have 3. but only one is mine

Yea, I talk more with the girl up front now than him...She said I wont ever speak with him anymore. I mostly talk to her.

It is on a Secure loan. So she said we would keep it and just keep paying for it. They can't touch it unless we stop paying it. But we use it for snow and moving trees in our property. We own 6 aches of land so its more of a household assett than luxury. It has only seen work

But hopefully things will work out if not then I guess they can get their money by selling my organs cause this is my last option...i wont be able to do anything else....

Submitted by on Wed, 04/14/2010 - 18:29

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )