Skip to main content
index page

How does last two tax returns affect CH 7

Submitted by on Thu, 04/22/2010 - 18:01
Credits:
[Donate]

Here is my question, Why do they need last two tax returns. Does the IRS get involved in the Ch 7 BK processings?

Also if married and filied jointly for both of them. in 09' we owe. Cause he made alittle more and I had 2 jobs and unemployment However in 08' taxes. filied married jointly and recieved a small refund but He was the only one working. My last job was on the 07' tax return. That year was new to us and we had someone do it for us on the computer. We never got any w2 or paperwork back from it

I was wondering, about 6 months ago we found out the person was scamming alot of people with bad service and I am afriad he may have done something to our return. The IRS has never sent us anything about it so I think its okay. but We are filing BK today and Don't know maybe Trustee may find something we missed. Thankfully we didn't take our 09 forms to him, we paid H R block.

I think you should be asking these questions to your bankruptcy attorney. None in this board is a lawyer and therefore can't give any legal advice.

However, to qualify in the means test for bankruptcy you would be required to payoff any overdue tax returns within a week of filing bankruptcy.

Submitted by SC on Thu, 04/22/2010 - 22:38

SC

( Posts: 3937 | Credits: )

We filied and we told them this year we owed taxes. We also set up a payment plan with the IRS. They never said anything about paying them off as soon as possible. They just said to bring our house/2nd morage/ and car up to date witch will be hard cause htey are all about 2 k behind and trying to catch up our electric so we dont get our power shut off

So there is no way I can pay 09 taxes in a week. I am broke until May

Submitted by on Fri, 04/23/2010 - 07:30

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )