Skip to main content
index page

filing for chapter 7. what about my house/car

Submitted by blackbeasst on Fri, 06/18/2010 - 14:27
Credits:
[Donate]

both the house and car are exempt and i will keep paying on them to keep them. but i've seen some people on here saying different things about reaffirming both, not reaffirming either, not getting the house reaffirmed and they are getting screwed cause the payments weren't applied and so forth.

what should i be looking to do and/or ask my attorney to make sure there are no blips on the radar for the house and car?

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackbeasst
both the house and car are exempt and i will keep paying on them to keep them. but i've seen some people on here saying different things about reaffirming both, not reaffirming either, not getting the house reaffirmed and they are getting screwed cause the payments weren't applied and so forth.

what should i be looking to do and/or ask my attorney to make sure there are no blips on the radar for the house and car?

yes check with your attorney to be sure.don't want a problem after you file.best to make sure everything is in order.

Submitted by paulmergel on Fri, 06/18/2010 - 14:52

paulmergel

( Posts: 15514 | Credits: )

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackbeasst
so i need to reaffirm both correct? what exactly does reaffirming do?

well.as far as the house goes if you still owe on it then yes you must in a chapter 7.as far as the car goes.that is determined by the car's worth.my friend was foreced into CH7,but since she drove a 95 bonneville(in perfect working order)she didn't have to reaffirm.basically reaffirming means that debt you still pay that debt only,like a mortgage,or car.

Submitted by paulmergel on Fri, 06/18/2010 - 19:23

paulmergel

( Posts: 15514 | Credits: )

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulmergel
well.as far as the house goes if you still owe on it then yes you must in a chapter 7.as far as the car goes.that is determined by the car's worth.my friend was foreced into CH7,but since she drove a 95 bonneville(in perfect working order)she didn't have to reaffirm.basically reaffirming means that debt you still pay that debt only,like a mortgage,or car.

thanks paul. so really if i don't see something come across my hands about reaffirming before i sign then i need to start asking some questions right?

Submitted by blackbeasst on Fri, 06/18/2010 - 21:41

blackbeasst

( Posts: 196 | Credits: )