Share post
member profile picture
Posts: 6
Credits: 0

I received this advice about my repo'ed car on another board:

you can try reopening up your BK to file a motion to vacate the reaffrimation agreement which would discharge your responsibility with regards to the repoed auto.

Is this possible to do?

Would love to know which board gave you that advice because. . . while you certainly can try to reopen your case, doing so is not going to get you out from under a signed and court approved reaffirmation agreement.

Assuming the agreement was filed with and approved by the court, you had to rescind the agreement prior to the entry of your discharge or within 60 days after the filing of the agreement with the court, whichever happened last. (See 11 USC 524(c)(4)) If there was a valid reaffirmation agreement and you failed to timely rescind you are stuck with the debt.


Sub: #1 posted on Sun, 09/02/2012 - 07:35

despritfreya despritfreya

(Posts: 170 | Credits: )

Got the information/advice from someone off

Sub: #2 posted on Sun, 09/02/2012 - 11:17

ahelton27 ahelton27

(Posts: 6 | Credits: )

Got the information/advice from someone off

I post there as well. Too bad I did not see the thread as I would have "corrected" the info.


Sub: #3 posted on Sun, 09/02/2012 - 15:58

despritfreya despritfreya

(Posts: 170 | Credits: )

More information
  • Files must be less than 500 MB.
  • Allowed file types: txt pdf jpg jpeg png.

Page loaded in 0.904 seconds.