Share post
member profile picture

i had a car bank in 2008, my dad co-signed for me. i lost my job and couldn't find one for three months, my dad paid the payments till we decide to give them the car back. well they just sent us a summons (with no court date) on the car. the loan was for 14,000 and we got it down to about 9,000 then they sold it, and now want 12,000..... can i file bk 7 one the car????

You can file Chapter 7 bankruptcy in order to get a discharge and won't have to pay the dues. However, in order to file Chapter 7 bankruptcy, you'll have to clear the Means Test. You should contact a bankruptcy attorney he will let you know whether or not you'll clear the Means Test.

Sub: #1 posted on Sun, 01/23/2011 - 21:07

Anna Sweeting Anna Sweeting

(Posts: 1827 | Credits: )

You can file bankruptcy on the car which will relieve you of the debt ...however your dad will still be sued and he will be held liable.

You can google the means test to see if you qualify.

Sub: #2 posted on Mon, 01/24/2011 - 03:40

Moderators Cum Industry Expert
(Posts: 17319 | Credits: )

Page loaded in 0.209 seconds.