Share post
member profile picture

Won a civil suit over a car accident, willful reckless actions causing the death of a spouse. Was told that the judgment debtor could file bankruptcy and erase the debt. Have not seen a dime, was thinking of pursuing action with a new attorney to collect, but can they (2 defendants, judgments against both) just file bankruptcy and erase these judgments? I know the likelihood of the entire award being recovered is outrageously slim, but would be nice to have at least my costs reimbursed. The award was there for a reason.

As far as I know, they can file bankruptcy and get the judgments erased. Nevertheless, you should contact an attorney and take his opinion in this regard.

Sub: #1 posted on Thu, 06/16/2011 - 20:46

Anna Sweeting Anna Sweeting

(Posts: 1827 | Credits: )

Sub: #2 posted on Fri, 06/17/2011 - 00:53

despritfreya despritfreya

(Posts: 175 | Credits: )

Page loaded in 1.390 seconds.